1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

someone get the "I didnt read" gifs going lol

2. Sanity2disChaos

Cp3 or Howard. .....choose only one. ....?

Ill roll with CP3 ......

3. novaman

novaman Member

Considering the top state tax rate in Cali is now 13.5% as apposed to 0% for Texas, the difference will be significantly less than 30 million

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Chris Broussard...

5. Raven

Raven Member

After what the Rockets went through with Yao, I'm stunned they'd even consider handing out a huge contract to Howard or Bynum.

6. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

CP3 all day

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

not gonna vote for either of those options

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Asik can come out from the bench if Howard come here or Asik can be PF.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So if we get Howard, Asik becomes gay?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 person likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

People can be butthurt about how Tracy McGrady left the Rockets, and try to re-write history about his time here, but the McGrady Rockets were contenders, during a time when the Western Conference was stacked.

Did we win a ring? Nope. Were we elite? Absolutely yes.

I don't care if he was a diva, or how smug, or how dellusional he was about himself. He was a spectacular basketball player.

If any team had the opportunity today, to trade for prime McGrady, ala us in 2004, knowing full well what you get from him: 60-70% games played, 3 or 4 healthy playoff runs of 7 or 8, every GM in the league makes that deal with no hesistation.

Dwight Howard gives you the best chance to win a ring in the Harden era, period.

Yes, in Howards WORST season, due to atrocious fit and coaching in LA, and Asik's BEST season, due to great fit (and pace), Howard has only looked slightly better.

People said the same thing about Gasol who magically "un-declined" the second he no longer had to share the post with Howard.

Thats a fit and coaching issue.

I'd love for you to outline a plan to make this team a contender without making a move like this which has less risk.

11. djjamieh

djjamieh Member

I can't believe anyone who would want that cancer on this team! He has peaked and wont get any better. I wouldn't trade Asik straight up for Howard as Asik hasn't even scratched the surface of how good he can be. Did I mention Howard is a cancer already? #hellnotohoward

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Howard's back scares the Hell out of me. If it checked out, of course I'd be ok with taking a run at him.

I think Howard being in LA has been or at least looks to be a bit humbling, which I think is good for his game if healthy in the future. Not being able to be the player he feels he's always been and Kobe on him constantly, seems to have him taking things a bit more seriously, just my opinion.

I could see Howard playing out of his mind with something to prove next year if healthy. Landing that Howard could be fantastic for the Rockets.

Looking back at all of these misses by Morey landing a star before Harden, have been huge blessings IMO. I believe it's going to be much easier to build this team moving forward. No way we have the assets to land Harden if we were able to trade for Dwight last year. Not only that, if the Rockets did have enough to land Harden, there is no way OKC trades him here with us already having Dwight on board.

So yes to Dwight IF he's healthy.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ignorant post.

This isn't twitter, get off the hashtag crap.

1 person likes this.
  14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You can't be considered an elite team if you don't win ANY playoff series. Elite in what sense? In the sense a lot of talking heads thought the team was a contender? Elite in the sense that fans thought they had a chance? Elite because we were sending a couple people to the all star game?

The only thing that makes a team elite is winning playoff series and actually competing for an NBA title -- not just popularly being thought capable of doing so. Otherwise Rick Barnes would have be an elite coach, and we all know he is not that.

No not period. There are a lot of factors and considerations that have to be taken into account. Is he healthy is the main one, and is he ever going to be as good as he once was is another. You can't just look at someone's reputation and how much time ESPN devotes to covering them to determine how much they can help your team.

Watch him play. Think about injury issues that big men in the past have had (particularly on this team).

Again, no, not period.

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

It better include strip clubs.

17. thekad

thekad Member

In the T-Mac/Yao era, ranked by SRS, the Rockets were the the 5th best team in 04-05, decimated by injuries the year after, 4th in 06-07 (lose to Jazz), 7th in 07-08(lose to Jazz with Yao out), and 6th in 08-09 (lose to Lakers with T-Mac out). IIRC, Yao was still recovering in the 06-07 playoffs and wasn't fully back to himself.

Looks like y'all are both right. The Rockets were an elite/near-elite team that seemed to always lose due to injuries.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of course you can.

The 2007 Mavs were an elite team and the 2007 Mavs did not win any playoff series.

Trying to define a very narrow scope and completely ignoring external factors such as matchups and luck is faulty logic and traps you into making terrible decisions.

FALSE

The only thing that makes you a contender is having a greater than neglible chance at winning multiple playoff series in a row, which the Rockets had, specifically in 2004, 2007 and 2008.

You keep talking about reputation like I don't religiously study this game and watching every single game I can w/league pass. Even at 50% Howard is twice the player Asik is. You take the gamble and bet that he will have atleast some time where he is a dominant force.

The safe route, where Asik gives 100% and plays his absolute best for the next 2 years, does not make you a contender.

Health is obviously a concern, but thats what physicals and medical exams are for.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You don't turn down DH if available. Don't be ridiculous.

Dwight is not coming here. If he does. I might even switch to Comcast.

1 person likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This isn't very encouraging:

Makes him sound like Robocop when he got dismantled.

[​IMG]