1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight ESPYs Burn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jul 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Jesus Christ, it was a stand up comedy routine and the freaking ESPYS and it was FUNNY. That is all there is to it man.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You're the one that took it to another level with this:

"Dwight really didn't do anything at all in LA and got embarrassed by Tim Duncan in the playoffs"

Don't pull that **** and then run behind the "it was a stand-up comedy routine!" when you get called on it.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Then why didn't people laugh after the joke ended? It took them a second joke to make them even crack a smile.

They call that "eating a **** on stage" in the Comedy world.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

That's the part that actually made it funny. If he had actually done something and even had won 1 game in the playoffs then it wouldn't have been funny, am I right? Not a knock on Dwight. It wasn't a good fit for him and he was hurt.

What if they did the same joke to LeBron or Tony Parker.. then it wouldn't have been funny. The fact that Dwight did nothing is what made the joke funny.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

And Cat... if you want to bring up old things from 7 years ago like Reggie Bush (are you drinking tonight?) then how about the time you lost that Bret Favre bet... :) :)

6. The Cat

Dwight, Pau Gasol and 10 D-League guys against a team that was 28 seconds from winning an NBA title. What a huge failure it is not to win in that series! :rolleyes:

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Funny seeing jgreen getting roasted on the interwebz...thank you Cat...

jgreen being objective...lollllllll

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Multiple people in this thread said it was funny and multiple in the audience laughed. I personally thought it was hilarious and I like Dwight Howard. Hell I like just about everyone in the NBA except for Kobe and Joakim Noah.

9. The Cat

I'm not the one trying to talk down to Rockets fans and put down the franchise player. Sure, I've made plenty of mistakes. We all do. I'm just pointing out that you in particular are very unfit to play the "objective neutral observer" card. You have your biases, let other people have theirs and chill out. You know exactly what you were doing by posting that Duncan GIF -- trolling.

10. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Not a failure, but that's what made the ESPY joke funny. Are you drinking tonight, Ben? You're posts seem out there and out of character for you.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Funny how LOYALTY is confused with "homerism" now n days.... This has nothing to do with a fan of a certain team claiming player x is better than player z or team x is better than team z based purely on the team he wants to be the best.

This has to do with ESPN "Espys" taking a shot at a player that just decided to go to battle with the team that represents OUR city. And not only taking a shot at a player that will play for our team but also taking a shot at OUR city.....

So to anyone crying "Homers blah blah blah " Please remove yourself from this ROCKETSFANS forum because clearly you aren't one. If you were you would realize someone just took a shot at the team you follow and are a "fan of" and or the City you grew up in......

With that said^^^..... This is our town, and this is our Clutchfans... You know, for Rockets Fans.... We have every right to be pissed and those who are not have every right to not care but don't come in here talking $hit about those that actually stay loyal to the team and city and don't like ESPN laughing at our team, city and or player.....

12. Dedicatedrocket

should this piss me off as much as it is? real professional espn!

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

My fellow CFers -- Step away from the computer. Go outside. Get some fresh air. Some are you are taking this too hard.

1 person likes this.
  14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

And if Dwight stays with the lakers, this is a different story. For as much as the LA says they don't need Dwight, they sure do talk about him a lot.

15. King Drew

King Drew Member

LA is b**** made

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Not a neutral observer. Just stating a fact that Dwight didn't do much in LA and got owned by Tim Duncan in the playoffs which is why the ESPY joke was funny.

I hope you aren't driving tonight. Had a few too many.

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Well, I think they all know the potential of a healthy Dwight....

18. Dedicatedrocket

DH is a rocket!! There for i will defend him thru thick and thin!! They hoed him

19. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

While they are all having fun, the Rockets are doin' work. Lets get it.

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

How dare you say that! but but but Dwight! LA Sucks! Reggie Bush! Butthurt! Can't take a joke! Boycott the ESPYS! :rolleyes: