1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight ESPYs Burn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jul 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

exactly! plus it's funny because there's a grain of truth to it! If Dwight went to Golden State and dissed Houston everyone here would be loving it.

2. MonKing

MonKing Member

NBA athletes are fair game for professional (or amateur) comedians. That's part of the price of fame, agreed.

But the difference here is that this is LA, standing up as part of the extended Laker team mocking their own player who left them. No way this isn't way more personal than Carrell making fun of LBJ's Decision, which was nearly mandatory. Sure Dwight will put it behind him and give it no more thought for the rest of the summer than he will a guy who cuts him off in traffic on the freeway. But next year, when they play the Lakers IT IS ON.

(Don't try and talk me out of this view. What else do we have for the summer other than melodramatic anticipation of the coming season? ;) )

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

lol!!!! :grin:

4. akxninja

akxninja Member

shoulda panned camera to parsons and beverley lol

5. conquistador#11

i laughed.
    but l.a do remember,we will crush you and then you won't find it funny any more.

6. Ashes

Ashes Member

I thought it was funny. Lighten up, homers.

7. ribbit

ribbit Member

I find it funny...

"No highlights for Dwight when he was in LA; he finally found a way to help the Lakers win," and yet, they put up a billboard begging Dwight to "stay."

Other than "butt-hurt," I think the word "pathetic" fits nicely.

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Things like this...roasting him...taking cheap shots will probably be the best thing to happen to the rockets since the 2nd coin flip. Things like this drive great players to greatness. Play with anger and vengeance for anyone who defends him.....I think butt hurt laker fans are doing us a solid.

Keep it up!!

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I cried in sadness.

10. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

You know what whilst they are all laughing there dwade and Bron included, our guys are all training hard getting ready to take this league. I feel like this the shaq comments and everything being said is just going to motivate Dwight Harden and the team. Can't wait when Houston sweeps LA this year and Dwight destroys the lakers.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you wouldn't know it from the press it gets, but hardly anyone watches that show

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Oh that's that madmen guy with the chick with the tattybojangles

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I agree, I think Dwight and the Rockets have something to prove this year.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

classless media and Lakers. never been a fan of both.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I could care less about it being "mean". It wasn't funny. I mean, it was cute....but are there seriously corny people that actually laughed at that? Maybe I'm just not easily amused because that was a out as as funny as a cat riding on a vaccum with a shark mask on.

Now that I write that, it wasn't even THAT funny.

1 person likes this.
  16. strifed169

strifed169 Member

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

lol, pretty funny. They can be a lot nastier at award shows, this was nothing.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how come bob iger never approves any koby jokes? why has there always been a gag order on colorado?

19. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Funny.

Even funnier that they STILL MAD.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Whats up with all the "chill out homers" talk...has nothing to do with being a homer.

The Johnny Football joke was stupid (and Im a Longhorn fan, so no bias)...the Jayz stuff was stupid...the majority of the jokes are just :rolleyes:. Im not butt hurt that they picked on Howard, that was expected...but they spent a lot of time on a topic without much comedic substance. Maybe I'll just go and eat a Snickers bar.

I do know, however, that Howard will absolutely crap all over the Lakers when we play them in LA. And I hope Kobe is back for that game.

2 people like this.