1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Coward sucks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Man...all those Appreciation Threads that will be made in the off-season.

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Hassan Whiteside matched a career-high with 26 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks off the bench

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I wish we traded him during the trade deadline...

5. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

This is just too sad... we blew away a perfect opportunity to acquire a real elite center, instead we're stuck with 2 points 5 rebounds worth of max player...

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i'd be defending dwight if he didnt pack it in. if this is the new and matured dwight howard i dont want him back.

pipe dream-wise if he takes a huge paycut and split minutes with a hopefully much-improved capella and dmo, i wouldnt mind. but the paycut has to be stupid. like, 5 mil per stupid. like he hit himself on the head with a hammer and agreed to that deal.

cmon dwight, u can do it. sign that contract!

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's okay playoff Dwert will show up against GSW. Morey will then re-sign Dwert to the max.

Haren will go off for 35ppg but with 8TOs/g. Josh Smith will be possessed by the ghost of Lebum and KD will sign with the Rockets to form new big 3. Beasley 6moty.

Also if we don't find a coach to replace JBB, Morey should re-hire Milkhair & his twitter wife.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

two points? no way, that must've been one helluva two points if he's getting paid 20+ mil. i thought tristian thompon's two point games where the most expensive two points i've seen in my life. i guess i was wrong

9. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight, please go back to ORL

10. RightTwoCensor

RightTwoCensor New Member

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think your right!!

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

indeed.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was a supporter of tanking, but the offensive production from Beasley makes this team more intriguing. I can't see us going past the first round if we get the 6th seed - but I think it's better for Harden's development to lose in the first round then not even make the playoffs.

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Dwight is not a coward and this thread title sucks.

Dwight is not as good a basketball player he used to be, not as good as we want him to be, not as good as he would like to be. That is fact. Bad hands, turnover prone, poor balance and offensive skills, can't make a free throw, commits stupid fouls.

Criticize him not giving all out effort all the time. That's fair.

He is frustrated he isn't part of the offense. Understandable, but he is getting paid millions and his offense stinks, so deal with it. All fair comments.

The guy has been a stand up citizen, good teammate, good guy, shut his mouth despite media trying to get THE inflammatory sound bite out of him. Criticize him for his play, but give the man some credit here. A ton of max players would handle this much worse.

He isn't the player he was, will likely be gone, and this season isn't going well for him or the Rockets. Fine. But some of the stupid emotional criticisms are completely off base.

I swear we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet around here. I'm going to chalk it up as the vocal dumb minority.

3 people like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this. x2.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

OpenLayupWhy3?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You sound like Morey when he talked about the problem with our defense was too complex to fix. It is quite obvious that Harden's talent can carry an offense no matter how ugly and unorganized it looks. The disunity cannot be masked by talent alone on defense. The numbers show that we have decent offensive efficiency but crappy defense.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Howard is doing what he had done in past when he doesn't feel like he wants be on the team. He does a good job pretending to be ok with what is going on with team but in reality he is not ok and this is the play he puts out sometimes he tries and sometimes he doesn't. I hope JB sees this and cuts down his minutes.

1 person likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Atleast Dmo and Harden look like they are on the same page after butting heads earlier this season. :)

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yeo. I'd take Whiteside in a heartbeat