1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Coward sucks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Just wait I feel bad for Whoever we play in the Playoffs

2. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

dwight was pounding my wittle ass last night no homo

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I give this thread 5 stars.

Howard is even not a professional player. He doesn't deserve those 22 million dollars.

4. J Hard

J Hard Member

Youre a tampon boy. Too many lil estrogen filled boys on this dam site.

Totally embarassing the credibility of the site when ppl are allowed to make these type of garbage threads.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He has been awful the last few games. It's more than just something physical. There's a disconnect...I've sent out feelers because I've been shocked. I'm not Dwight's biggest fan (not even close), but I've backed him FOR his effort. This has been disappointing. Playing poorly is one thing; Not "playing" is another issue altogether.

We'll need Dwight in the playoffs if we want to win anything. It may be selfish, but for his sake, I bet he steps up for that last lucrative contract. As a fan, I'll take effort and winning over throwing this season away for good. It's been a rough damn ride, but I'm a fan of winning.

For all of you tankers, it makes absolutely zero sense to tank at this point. We're right there about to be a 7th seed.

And, personally, I've never been a fan of tanking. Losing on purpose like Philly does is cowardly. There's no assurance that a draft pick will turn out to be LeBron. Save me with the hype of the "next MJ."

I'd like to see this group go out fighting because we all know next season will be drastically different. Clinching that playoff spot is the first step, but as badly as we've played, I don't know that many coaches/teams would automatically play down to a team with James Harden. The approach to the playoffs is completely different. Even the mindset of our vets, along with the young guns, is on another wavelength. Some guys use the stage to rise to the occasion, play with more control, etc...

I know Jet wants another shot, even if it's not under the best circumstances.

I'm not saying we're going to make a whole lot of noise, but any smart coach would still prepare a team to fight if James Harden is on the other side. Even on one leg, the man can change a game, and hopefully, he uses the playoffs to show that he's better than what the season shows, what the commentators believe and what his most hateful,critical (non)fans say about him.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you know anything about what is going on inside the organization, pls share.

I have felt a major disconnect between coaching staff, the locker room, GM and the owner for a long time. Since McHale got fired.

Something was wrong with the whole organization. My 2 cents.

7. Codman

Nothing more than what I've already posted. The same internal issues are existent, but I've heard the coaching relationship has improved somewhat with JB. That was expected, but obviously, there's much more going on. Even just through observation, I think we all see "it." The "it" is very complex and the majority of an explanation won't come out until this group is done for the season.

The cliques concern me the most right now. As a probable playoff team, you want everyone to be unified and on the same page.

Trying to find out some more.

Sidenote: Thank goodness for Beas. That has been some fresh air from a basketball standpoint. As for the satisfaction with minutes and rotations, well...I'm sure TJ is thrilled. :p (But really, Beas is good, but it's not all good.)

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr. Motiejunas

LOL! You still have nothing to add of substance huh Little b****?

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

You're kidding, right? Dwight is no where near the best defensive center in the NBA. Hell, the rookie Towns is a better defender. All Dwight can do is rebound . That's it. He's currently ranked #3 in rebounding but averages just 1 rebound more than 10 other guys. He's 13th in blocked shots so he doesn't exactly man the middle anymore. He currently tanks #24 in plus/minus for ORPM/DRPM, not to mention he's not even in the top 50 in steals. remember Olajuwan was a top 5 player in steals? Howard doesn't even try half the time but when he does he commits stupid fouls.

Now, when you add the fact that Howard can't shoot FT's and he's not getting touches because 1. He never developed an outside shot and 2. Opponents foul him the minute he gets the ball down low, you can see why his overall defense doesn't compensate for his atrocious offensive production. Add to that all the bone-headed fouls and technicals and I, for one, will not be unhappy about him leaving.

11. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Dwight played like absolute dog ****. Gave absolutely no effort. He should benched indefinitely.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He has checked out. He has stopped beingbthe pro we thought he was and has Regressed back to orlando Dwert.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL at least your consistent! :grin:

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow I had to save your response for rainy days in here! This some solid Harden Repellent!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe he will back for the playoffs. maybe not

16. Codman

Please, since you started this thread with a baiting title, add something more to it. Why do you think Dwight has played poorly recently?

Seriously.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is just speculation but part of me thinks Dwight has been the Cancer. And all the talk people have been saying about him now makes since. He's acting exactly how he acted in LA. All the negative stuff his teammates and people with the Lakers said is happening here. Whining about touches not playing D, moping when someone else gets "his" rebound. Instead of just shutting up and playing and doing what he does well (PNR and setting real picks) he wants to still try to develop a post game and he just doesn't have it. This might have split the team between his friends and the people we realize he's not a good post player. A lot of people are just noticing his bad play but some of us saw from the start of the year his defense has declined. If Dwight didn't insist on posting up and if he took a pay cut I wouldn't be so anti Dwight right now. But, since he's sooo high maintenance and offers little production in return and wants a raise to boot it's made a lot of people put off by him. I would just rather sit him the rest of the season regardless the outcome he's clearly not a Rocket anymore and Im fine with that.

18. BackdoorHarden

DMO fan only
    [​IMG]

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Straight Logic..you nailed it

20. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

I just hope DH12 finds a new home this off season, and rejuvenates his career wherever he ends up.

Thank you for giving us your best your first year with the rockets, and your 2nd as well (despite that you were injured).