1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwayne Brown Was The First Domino

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I was hoping for hurricane or humidity. In retrospect, humidity would have been dumb but the hurricanes would have been appropriate. Sweet logos too.

raining threes and IBTL like this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Houston Hot Mess was my vote.

raining threes, IBTL and Astrodome like this.
  3. conquistador#11

I just wanted the same color scheme with a slight touch up. Who made the Adams owners of a color? Do they own the color wheel too?

#43 conquistador#11, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im sorry If I offend your conservative values, but this is our society in a nutshell now. Everyone looking to get offended at something.

McNair could only control his world - and that included the Texans sadly. So when I say the societal issues affected HIM in those ways how is that misrepresenting the situation? He was on record vociferously denouncing the kneeling, so then why did he never go on record trying to empathize? Its spooky to see you defend what seems to be a pretty black and white subject.

Im saying he could have been a racist, but he did enough good to mask it - and also probably filtered and internalized his thoughts better than other owners.

When Trump got involved he promptly went to cursing players and being the 5th grade bully he is so good at being. He did not take a fatherly approach and try to be part of the solution. Instead he just poured gasoline on a wildfire. How did that help? Do you even know the facts about WHY Kap kneeled? WHO told him he should kneel as a form of protest? Nope - your faux "patriotic" outrage wont allow you to see things other than in you red colored glasses. Again - its the state of society. There is no more middle ground or room for common sense and calm - everything has to be extreme to the point of detriment. Its pretty sad.

And please if you are going to pull out the "whataboutism" card just spare me I've already heard it all.

5. csj

csj Member

LOL it must be my "conservative values", it can't be you, right? Anyone who knew me would be laughing at you right now.
    Players kneeling in uniform on the field is not a "societal issue", it's an employee issue, and who are you arguing with about "misrepresenting the situation"? You are literally misrepresenting everything.
    Empathize with what? Kneeling? You are conflating kneeling with the reason for the kneeling. An owner objecting to the demonstration is not evidence that he disagrees with the REASON for the demonstration. That goes for everyone else, too, and has been said many times.
    And yet you cannot properly represent what I'm even saying. Nowhere have I defended any "pro-brutality" position nor had McNair, yet that's what you are implying.
    And I'm saying you could be a racist, but are maybe good enough to mask it. See how that works? I don't care what you speculate to push your ignorant position. What do you know? Nothing, that's what you know.
    It did not, it prevented a solution. The problem here is that you assume because I take issue with you that I'm a pro-Trump conservative. That's a sad joke and it's entirely your mistake.
    Pretty sad indeed, just not sad for the reasons you say. How you see me is the polar opposite of who I am, yet the reason you see me this way is that you are ignorant. Sad for sure.
    Rage on, fool. Someone with such shallow views needs to not be telling everyone else what society's problems are.

Thanks for answering my questions, though. There's always time to rage on others but never time to consider than maybe your opinions are not so well informed.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You can always tell how poorly the season is going whenever arguments about the name or Bud Adams start popping up.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

feel better? Dont forget to vote.

8. csj

csj Member

Your intellect is dizzying. Still waiting on those answers.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When you make a comment like "it was offensive to more people than him" where does that put you in the argument? Hence the conservative tag. If you are saying you are a liberal, then your words and responses dont intimate that.

Employee issue huh? Well just the same "employees" can quit whenever they want right? Or is this where you will bring up contracts?

Im offering you a glimpse into the other side since it seems that you have no handle on the "why" yourself. So what you are saying is that when a person COMES OUT as anti kneel (Bob McNair), then probably they could be PRO KNEEL, but we just wont know since we cant see behind the scenes? Accurate?

Im not representing you! Im making assumptions by what you wrote which appear to have set you off. The original post I quoted you on had some vague and indifferent sentiment to what is a prevailing issue in this country, but you'd rather be dense and stick to the script of what is "seen".

So why dont you educate me! Since I seem to know nothing, and somehow sparked this outrage of yours, tell me where you stand Mr Liberal. Im dying to know. So fast to defend Bob McNair, but at the same time take a neutral stance on the kneel? How convenient. Bless me with your superior intellect and firm grasp on the social challenges that face this nation!!

You can absorb what you want from my words trust me it doesnt bother me any which way - I've attempted to steer clear of a political referendum on CFans because sport should not be driven by politics but again - that is the climate which we live in today as evidenced by your tantrum.

Did you find your answers Mr Brain? Or are you just going to run around triggered some more because I called you a conservative and want to us to take IQ tests to figure out whos smarter?

10. csj

csj Member

You're so into labels. It's easier than thinking critically, right?

It was offensive to more people than just him. That's is a simple fact since others expressed that it was offensive. Observing fact is neither liberal nor conservative.

Of course, you're rather argue what I said than what you said. You said it was "just offensive to HIM", something factually wrong, trivial to prove wrong, and says more about you than about him.
    You are now disputing that players are employees of their teams? You think anyone will take you seriously with comments like this? Who's interested in this ignorant rabbit hole?
    No, not only not accurate but nonsensical. I can't even make sense of that.
    Bullshit. You've grossly misrepresented me and done so deliberately and ignorantly, plus you've done so to avoid addressing criticism of your own comments.
    So fast to defend Duane Brown, so fast to call McNair racist. This describes you. This is not about me, it's about you. That's why I'm not interesting in "educating" you, I have no interest in this being about me. You're the one slinging the accusations. Also, where have I called myself "Mr. Liberal"? Here's yet another example of you misrepresenting me and doing so to draw attention from yourself. You're a malignant narcissist.
    Clearly it does, and posting on forums is literally for others to "absorb" from your "words". More nonsense from you.
    No I didn't, because you didn't answer any of them. If you had any reading comprehension at all, rather than just the triggering responses you accuse others of, you'd realized that I'd asked three specific questions and you have not answered any of them.

The irony is that you are exactly what you accuse others of and yet you dare suggest you understand what the problems with society are. Look at yourself.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Okay .. sure. I can say that Bob McNair was a flaming racist and not really feel bad about it because he's done and said enough things to make me suspect this of him. So what? Why are you so upset? Are you a McNair? I dont go on chat rooms to find vindication and further sit here and have to compartmentalize my own feelings to make sure others dont get offended.

TLDR? Fk you too.

12. csj

csj Member

I suspect you'll say anything online and not feel bad about it. It's who you are, and you're right, so what? I mean, who are you anyway? And who cares what you have to say?

Just as interesting, why do you care about my response, and what causes you to be so triggered by it? Why don't you simply answer the questions I challenged you with or ignore my post? Why, instead, did you launch a series of personal attacks as a response? I mean, why are YOU so upset? Are you a Brown? Does my post comprise the affirmation you seek here?
    Sure you don't ;) You absolutely AREN'T someone who posts online seeking attaboys from other like-minded aggrieved posters that hate people they don't even know. That's definitely NOT you, right?

It's funny how easy it is to spot people like you. One post is all it takes. Tell us again what the problem with society is, you're opinions are so informed and interesting...

13. raining threes

Speaking of conservative values and burning only one side is burning Philly to the ground as we speak.

I'm glad Trump called out this BS. Speaking of burning I hope when the globalists get back in power and try to pack the court the whole thing gets burned to the ground.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL your appeal to emotion is pretty funny my guy. but your crusading is appreciated! (maybe I am a Brown - would that be a problem for you?)

your hard stances on what "employees" should and shouldnt do tell me everything I need to know about you (how you like that for more suppositions!!) the projection that im online looking for acceptance is further proof of how mad you really are. A series of personal attacks? I mean if thats the way YOU see it - I didnt know being called a conservative was enough reason to go mental, but whatever.

What questions are you babbling about seriously? I've tried to locate them - you side with management in empolyee aggrievances (or maybe you dont LOL) you dont like kneelers, but in the same vein know why they kneel!? (or maybe you dont!)

seems like your confused at who to be angry at, but its your life. you could ignore me as you so succincly put it since its only an cry for attention, but you wont will you? You need to have the last word - so i'll grant you that. This will be my final response to you in respect to the rest of the members here. If you want to continue this charade my inbox is open. Be well.

edit: for the record - yes I do support BLM ( lets just cut to the chase right?) and "people like me" do too.

15. csj

csj Member

Maybe I am a McNair, would that be a problem for you? You're so stupid you can't even recognize when your own comments are reflected back at you.
    I've taken no such "hard stances". A pitiful attempt at a strawman on your part.

"Kneeling" is an employee issue for the league, not a social issue. That's a simple fact and I expressed no personal opinion on it.
    LOL you're turning into a joke. I know you are but what am I?!? Of course you're looking for acceptance. Also, you are ignorant, bigoted and your comments are racially tinged. Not that you care, because you aren't here for validation...
    Post #40 you idiot.
    For someone who can't even locate a simple post and who disingenuously misrepresents other people's comments, there's no reason to take what you say here seriously. Point to a comment where I "side with management".
    Angry? I'm here to expose what an idiot you are. I am not angry, just determined. Yes, I could ignore you, but then you could stop promoting Brown's racist attacks on McNair but you don't either.
    No you won't. Nothing worse for you than getting challenged, nor do you demonstrate "respect to the rest of the members here".
    And here you insinuate yet again that I am racist. What an ass you are. You promote the side of a disgruntled player making racist attacks at an owner, repeat these racist accusations yourself, then suggest repeatedly that someone who challenges you is also racist. Again, if you want to learn what's wrong with society look at yourself. Who cares what you think about BLM or what you think about anything? BLM does not need your support.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

you are quite possibly the most dense and asinine person on this entire site - and that is saying alot. Take off your hawaiian shirt and stop crying reverse racism - it reeks of insecurity and unfounded conspiracy theories.

You dont even know what the word insinuate means let alone how to apply it properly and fling around insults as if they somehow prop up this faux outrage of yours. You are part of the problem with this country because you acquiesce and ask for servility even when people are being murdered by those sworn to protect us - but yet YOU PROUD BOYS want to scream and bark and talk all this tough BS about "people like me" -- again I dont care about you enough to piss on you if you were on fire - so why do I need to offer you "answers" that you are too ignorant to decipher for yourself??

The pathetic display of your bratty responses is more a reflection of you than they are of me, but see you live in fantasy land where the real problems of the world are not problems because they dont affect you!! In your privileged bubble of indifference you sit pointing fingers and telling other how they should respond and react.

Again - Go. Fk. Yourself.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

*Duane

pgabriel likes this.
  18. csj

csj Member

Look who's talking! Found the questions yet? Unfounded conspiracy theories? This coming from a person literally posting deliberate lies about someone (dead) that he never knew.
    For me "people like you" are people who post piles of steaming bullshit like you just posted. Who needs to say "reverse racism" when you will literally do it for me, then demonstrate a great big helping of it. You simply can't control your racist rage, accusing me of the same despite me not posting a single racist comment nor endorsing any remotely racist attitude. You wouldn't know, though, since you haven't spent a second listening to who you're talking to, but then why would you? You aren't here for talk but for validation and I'm not offering any. You're a sad excuse.
    Is it though? Because anyone can see that the temper tantrums started with you and you simply can't control yourself. Also, thought you said the last one was your final post on the subject, yet here we are...because we both know you're really the one who can't stand not having the last word. The reality is that all the nonsense you say about me is, in fact, pure projection. So lick it up, baby, yet another response for you to fume over.
    Right back at you, racist douchebag.

19. Buck Turgidson

Duane Allman >>> Duane Brown

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Dwayne Hickman >>> Dwayne Brown