1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dusty hates Chas

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HeyBudLetsParty, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Gunnar Henderson

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If he were the every day catcher and playing 1B/DH on off days, I think he would win. With him being primarily a DH, Henderson probably still wins.

3. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

He started playing Dubon in CF the end of July. Long before Brantley was activated

raining threes likes this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The great thing about all this is how bright I think the future is for the Astros.
    If we can get our line up together we can very easily have a top 5 player at catcher, 2b, 3b, lf, cf, rf. Same could be said for dh if we stick brantley there and he is healthy. That is potentially 7 top 5 positions with the exceptions being Pena and abreau.

Add to that a dominant 1-2 starting pitching punch to go with really good 3 to 6 and this team is going to be better next year than this year

13 in 33 likes this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He didn’t start giving big chunks of Chas’ playing time to Dubon until Brantley returned. His post is accurate in that Brantleys return has hurt Chas and really Chas only. Dubon, although playing before Brantley came back, has seen his playing time increase since Brantley’s return. Dubon has been starting just about every game recently. Chas about every other.

and I know most of us know that is trash

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I know he got spot starts when Chas went down but I thought he only he started getting "personal CF" starts when they traded for JV. And then he started getting consecutive starts there with the other SP just recently.

Tomstro likes this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There was one or two feeler games prior to the JV trade with Dubon in CF with Chas on the bench. When nothing of consequence happened to Dusty, Dusty proceeded to play Dubon more in the OF. Earlier in the season when Dubon played in the OF with Chas, Chas was in CF. There is plenty of evidence that Dusty has been told that Chas is a better CF. Dusty is knowingly playing a worse centerfielder. It appears he's learned that there isn't anything Brown or the front office can do to him.

Whether you want to sugarcoat it that it isn't hate, it is causing harm and it is is not being done to help the team in any reasonably rational way.

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

His surrogate son is doing just fine.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Since Brantley returned(8/29)…

8.29: LF Brantley CF Dubon RF Tucker DH Alvarez
    8.30: LF Alvarez CF McCormick RF Tucker DH Brantley
    9.1: LF Alvarez CF Meyers RF Tucker DH Diaz
    9.2: LF Brantley CF McCormick RF Tucker DH Alvarez
    9.3: LF Alvarez CF Dubon RF Tucker DH Brantley
    9.4: LF McCormick CF Dubon RF Tucker DH Alvarez
    9.5: LF McCormick CF Dubon RF Tucker DH Alvarez
    9.6: LF Brantley CF Dubon RF Tucker DH Alvarez

LF: Brantley(3), Alvarez(3), McCormick(2)
    CF: Dubon(5), McCormick(2), Meyers(1)
    DH: Alvarez(5), Brantley(2), Diaz(1)
    (C: Maldonado(5), Diaz(3))

I was joking but Johnnie so obviously believes it. :D

Johnnie might not have a ring without Chas.
    How does he “repay” him? By treating him like a red-headed step child. Of course he’s not his son Mauricio Baker.

IBTL, Stephen66 and houstonstime like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think the only reason Dubon doesn’t have even more starts in CF during this stretch is because he had to play 2B 1 or 2 days for Altuve.

11. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah the big boy comment is a slap in the face to Chas. He has exceeded all expectations as a player and he says **** like that about him

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why didn't Chaz play opening day?

I don't like making accusations that there's a malicious reasoning behind things, but this is the thing I have by far the most trouble reasoning out. Dusty above all people knows the ceremonial status of opening day ( and super groundballer Framber starting), yet Chaz didn't start opening day, he didn't even start the second game either.

I think the Diaz situation has reasoning behind it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. I 100% believe Dusty has some personal issue with Chaz.

#192 sealclubber1016, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    Bregatron, The Beard, IBTL and 12 others like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dusty didn't play him opening day. Okay, it's one game..give him the benefit of the doubt. But the first 2 games...the only 2 games all season Astros were going to wear their Championship Gold Jerseys to celebrate the World Series win....that's suspect as all hell.

Fyreball, Kim, rugg31 and 10 others like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Chas didn't even get phat until after opening day...

Radricky and Tomstro like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Chas changed his stance. Its very closed now. He is pulling the ball a lot more than he used to. Other tweaks too, I’m sure.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I would get phat too, if I was depressed cause of no playing time. Hes still having a career year despite it. Imagine what he would do if he was happy and fulfilled.

Stephen66 likes this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I was watching a clip on YouTube earlier from the MLB Network segment this AM on the Astros where Yonder Alonso was hyping up Dusty and DeRo made a comment about how he’d fill out the lineup card different if he was the manager (insinuating he would start Chas in CF and Yainer at C)…

There were so many pro Dusty comments on there. Most of the casual Astros fans I know also think he’s an awesome manager. To your point, the media mostly hypes him up. Also completely agree with you on the race, etc. thing…it would definitely turn to that.

The Beard and Wulaw Horn like this.
  18. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

The Dusty is an Icon of the Game™, as such, he has no time for no-name 21st round picks when he could be chumming it up with fellow washed up all stars and veterans. He smoked weed with Jimmy Hendrix, he snorted half of Columbia up his nostrils in the 80s, a true maverick like him ain't gunna let some White Boy no name get playing time above Corey "Jackie Robinson 2.0" Julks and Maruico "My Son's Best Buddy" Dubon.

As for Diaz, The Dusty never forgets when he's slighted, and he'll take out any frustration with Click out on the man the original prodigal son, Myles Straw, got traded for.

19. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

James Click traded Myles Straw away to force the Duster to play Chas and Myers. And Yanier Diaz came over on the trade. THAT is Dusty's beef. That's why he hates Chas and Diaz.

ryan_98, Kim, raining threes and 2 others like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Postseason Homers
    Chas 2
    Biggio 2

AND ONE BIG BOY GAME SAVING CATCH.