1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dustin Keller tears ACL, MCL, PCL, and dislocates knee

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sydeffect, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/369141677882998786">August 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There goes his career

2. Classic

Classic Member

Looked bad when it happened.

3. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

How horrible. I hate when this stuff happens in preseason. Well anytime, but especially in games that don't mean diddly.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dirty play, then the kid blames it on the NFL. Classy.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NFL won't last for much long asking these not so smart athletes to aim for midsections.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It obviously wasn't intentional but Swearinger gives off a lot of bad vibes.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

As much as I would love to say it wasn't intentional, it sure looked that way. His comments don't help, either. There is a lot of area between the helmet and knees to hit if you are trying to "stay low"

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In general these hits where a player dives into someone's lower leg are just bush league in my opinion. I can't believe there aren't more injuries as a result.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This dumbass really doesn't understand concussions lol. Not that there's much brain available for him to damage...

10. underoverup

underoverup Member

Keller bet everything on this season too; he signed a one year deal with the hope his play would get him a big contract next year.

:(

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you. Don't like the guy at all right now but keeping an open mind.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

On the scale of dirtiness, it's nowhere close to what happened to Cushing last year.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Didn't like it when it happened to Cushing and I don't give two craps about Keller but I hate seeing that kind of "tackle" mess up someones knee and end their season.

Swearinger's comments make it even worse because he shows that he probably should avoid a microphone in the future.

Can't wait to see a bunch of players using the weak "NFL won't let us hit high" excuse. Cos there's no space between the head and knees. :rolleyes:

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Easy to say that when you're not on the field during game speed making a play.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You guys are hilarious. He was already in the air and Keller moving caused him to get hit that way and for his knee to bend. Overreacting calling DJ dirty over one hit? Lmao.

16. Raven

Raven Member

The hit looks suspicious, and Swearinger needs to make damn sure it doesn't happen again. The last thing the Texans need is a bad rep.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Damn that was nasty -- apparently in addition to everything else he also tore some nerves.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

When offensive players lower their head expecting a hit where are you supposed to go then?

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It did more damage and it was a preseason game.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

"Already in the air" as in already diving. I've disliked the risk taken with this kind of shoulder dive tackling from all our db's, going back to faggins and dunta. Not even from a health standpoint, but it's one shot at a tackle and you take yourself out of the play.