1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant signs 4-year extension with Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 6, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely not restaurant money.

Jontro and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  2. SmallBallDoesntWork

Yes im sure brooklyn is a ticking time bomb with 3 stars that want to play with each other. We got cornered into taking a bad deal, wish we ended up with levert but it is what it is. Its a stars league

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

What would do witb Levert we got Green, Ego, Brooks and JC?

Same thing people are pining for Jarett Allen when we got Wood, Garuba and Sengun smh.

Levert and Allen arent stars thats why they got dumped by Brooklyn. We are a rebuilding team we need stars to build around not role players like Levert and Allen.

4. SmallBallDoesntWork

oh no i just think we coulda grabbed either 1 or both of them and just flip them for more assets. Allen got 100 mil someone woulda traded a 1st

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cavs already gave a first, they gave Detroit's first for Allen.

The Allen trade resulted in KPJ landing on the Rockets thats a lot more valuable than any asset you could have gotten by flipping an expiring contract.

Levert is a decent player he would have helped Rox win games and we prob wouldnt get the 2nd pick instead we'll end with 18th pick. We needed all the Ls we can get last year.

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Durant signing the extension is huge for the Nets. Expect Irving and Harden extensions or new contracts at the end of the season. The Nets will be at worst a playoff team and at best a contender/champion in the East for the next 4 seasons.

What about injuries? KD, Irving and Harden all missed significant time this past season due to injuries, yet the Nets had the 2nd best record in the East. Injuries can and have affected their chance at winning at title, but it would take BOTH KD or Harden to miss the season for the Nets to miss the playoffs. While its possible some freak accident or injury causes both to miss a season or most of one, its also not very likely and certainly not something I would want to wager on.

Instead i'd rather wager the Nets being in the NBA finals or even winning the title this year or next. As for the future 2026 & 27 Nets picks, I never thought much of them in the first place. The odds were they would be between 8-22. Now its all but certain that the swaps will likely not apply and the pick will be in the 20's.

#86 blahblehblah, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    JayGoogle and YOLO like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why will the swaps not apply? KD will be 37 in 2027. Harden is 36. Irving 34, although he has always been injury prone even while young. In 2027 Green and KPJ should be tearing thru the WC.

I hope all 3 of them sign extensions so Brooklyn is locked to all 3 of them at the max, it'll be harder for them to find help and reload in that case. Even in the worst case all the picks are 20s and the Rox dont get to apply the swaps, picks are still picks. They just got Garuba by using the 23rd pick, and got Sengun by flipping 2 low frps. Assets are assets, Rox can combine their pick with Broolyn's to make something happen if needed.

The Rox got KPJ and Green thanks to the Harden trade, if they got Simmons or Herro the Rox wod end up with a worse roster right now. The picks are just a bonus at this point.

#87 roslolian, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bingo

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The swaps could apply, I just don't think that its likely. I'd happily bet on 36 and 37 old harden, KD and 34 year old Irving than the future of some rookies who haven't even played one game in the NBA. I'm guessing KD and Harden will age like Lebron, CP3 who are both over 36+ and performing like all-stars to all nba players.

JayGoogle and YOLO like this.
  10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Kyrie went out at half-time in game 4. I'm pretty certain they were only losing that game by 3 points when Kyrie went out. I'm pretty certain that if Kyrie didn't get injured they would have gone on to win game 4.

The Nets would have killed them if they were healthy. Also, you're making out that Harden doesn't perform in the playoffs. He performs in the majority of his playoffs games. He's had a few bad games here and there, but he's stepped up in most of them. He was coming off the back of a great Boston series. He had momentum and was in great form. I think he would have been great against the Bucks if he was healthy.

YOLO likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Both of you are extremely optimistic about a forced fit of players that have all been carried into a ring other than Harden.... Durant is hall of fame good but the man does not win a ring without GS... Irving and Harden are weak mentally.

Milwaukee swept lol? Not even a 6 game series for Giannis? Cmon bro, you don't believe that.... Any we can say that about anyone since it never happened and just pure speculation. Rockets would have swept Milwaukee too if they would have made the playoffs.... Just because I said it does not make it true... What is true thou is how dominant Giannis was against everyone....

Word of advice, both of you... Don't bet on these Nets to be together long, or to win anything.. Not winning anything thou is why they wont be together long.

hakeem94 and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron and Cp3 while still good are extremely injury prone now and unable to handle full loads for the season. The diff between a 3 star team like Brooklyn vs a 2 star team like Lakers were previously is a 3 star team cant really afford to have quality players, almost everyone are either rookies or vet mins apart from the exceptions thats why if you looked at Nets all 3 played huge mins esp. when 1 of them went down.

I guess we'll.see what happens over the next 7 years.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

so in other words you don’t have a logical comeback

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

What about my reply do you consider not logical?

15. HardenVolumeOne

saying the nets are gonna break up in the next 2 years. Thats wishful thinking, durant already signed his 4 year extension, harden is probably gonna sign next. The trade was a bust, the best we can hope for is that 2027 pick to turn out good

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the suns were also up the entire game 4 on the bucks, and by double digits if i recall well, they still were beaten at the end althouigh it looked like suns were in command most of the game

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

No offense, but the Nets when they're healthy are a much better team than the Suns. The Suns overachieved last season. I highly doubt that they'll finish in the top 2 next season.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Can't think of a super team that stayed together longer than 3 years other than GS and that's because the core was drafted and developed in house.... Brooklyn's trio is composed of aging super stars who have all switched teams multiple times at the slightest disagreement. And I'm suppose to believe these guys will stay together for longer than 2 years? 3 maybe.... 4... No way....

hongxingli and hakeem94 like this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

guess we just have to wait and see

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but they still lost game 3 and were on their way to lose game 4

btw are they better than healthy blazers tho? with greg oden and brandon roy?
    are they better than the suns with a HEALTHY CP3?
    (healthy bkn 3 is no more real than a healthy cp3...its always something with these guys and its probably something we will never see)

I am not sure...cp3 finals and wcf run are more impressive to me than durants 2 titles with warriors and scott foster

durant is just overhyped because he can hit impressive shots and is a 7 footer and was on a lot of stacked teams.......

to me cp3 is a better player...hes got it all, defense, offense, leadership, playmaking, intangibles galore...

hongxingli likes this.