1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant: "Harden is under appreciated"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You know there are many ways to interpret the stats, such as this one :

Dwight ranked 109th among all NBA players on average shot attempts last season.

He average 8.5 shots per game.

And players with more shots per game than Dwight?

To name a few :

Jeremy Lin, JJ Barea, Jared Sullinger, Gary Harris.

Oh BTW, he shot 62% last season and ranked 2nd in the league.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Problem is a FT isn't a counted shot attempt, Dwight would have more shot attempts if guys weren't so eager to foul him.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And was a god awful post player.

4. dmoneybangbang

No. Nash had better teammates whose struggles weren't nearly as bad.

Harden creates more 3 pt opportunities because that's all his teammates can do.

5. dmoneybangbang

Because Harden's teammates decided to all crap the bed at the same time and continue to crap the bed throughout the season.

Lowry has DeRozen to take some of the offensive load off, remind me who Harden has?

I'm sorry but Harden is a very good player and is better than Lowry.

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

look who harden played in the first round compared to lowry... CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT

and harden was the focal point of the warriors.. everytime dwight got the ball down low they were hacking him like any smart coach would. If it wasnt an alley howard wasnt scoring PERIOD. Watch the the hawks struggle this year, because if dwight still wants post touches in the atl, teams are just gonna keep wrapping him up and sending him to the line lol.

Also with JBB the team was poorly coached and we still managed to win a game againist the warriors in that series, same number of wins the blazers won in the next series againist gstate. But nobody talks about that

7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

smh i hate to say it bro, but if dwight is not running pick and roll he is an awful, and i mean awful offensive basketball player. I watched this guy throw up a post hook at the rim and the ball made a loud thudding sound off the glass. AWFUL, if dwight were as a good as dmo in the post Harden would give him the ball... its the same crap Dwight went through with Kobe and Nash.

Now that i think about we blew up our young team in 2013 that was growing into one of the most watched teams in the league for a pri-mi donna in dwight howard. This guy wanted to join the blazers this off-season so he could do what he did to us, play sparingly in year 1, and then basically pull a tmac the remainder of his contract. In the end dwight wasnt worth it to me, i believe javale mcgee or someone of his ilk would have been easily attainable alongisde omer asik and mcgee wouldnt want to post up, but run pick and roll with harden. same result but no drama

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

IIRC he shot something like 38% in the post though... And 25% of his processions ended in TOs

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets didn't blow up a young team for Dwight. Omer, Parsons, Lin, TJ, DMO, plus a handful of rookies were still on the team.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

IMO harden was better than Lowry until last year, then harden got out of shape, regressed on defense, started turning it over like crazy etc.

I hope he Harden returns to what he was 2 years ago which is arguably the MVP

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm not holding harden accountable for losing or for his teammates. Just for his own performance.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm pretty sure these all NBA teams are voted on before the playoffs start, so I'm not sure what harden or lowrys postseason stats have to do with anything.

Being objective Harden should have made one of the all NBA teams over anyone of Lowry Lillard Thompson.

But we live in a world were narrative and story drive sports.

Any rational basketball mind knows that the 4 best guards in the NBA are curry Westbrook harden and cp3 and then there's a big gap after them.

In the end it doesn't matter harden has been 1st team all NBA 2x by age 25 and has been in the top 5 in MVP votes one year runner up by age 25. These are thins that Lillard Thompson and Lowry won't ever reach.

This should just make the narrative on harden even better this year if the rockets win 50+ games. He will get all the love and prob gets back to 1st all NBA depending on what OKC does but if we have a better record harden gets it over Russ imo. He also has a big chance at winning an MVP this year if the rockets grab a top 3 seed. The narrative that slighted him this past season will be a big reason why his MVP case will be better.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

MDA coached the 2004 Suns for 61 games. He had a 21-40 record. The next season, the Suns acquired Nash and went 62-20. In the entirety of MDA's career, when he's had Nash, his worst winning % has been 66%. Without Nash, his best winning % has been 56%.

Absolutely wrong. Cuban didn't have doubts about Nash's ability. He doubted Nash's long term health.

Yes, b/c MDA gave Nash the freedom to play his style of basketball.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Maybe that's because when his teammates struggled, Nash would try to put them in a position to get easy baskets.

The intent was to surround Harden with 3/D guys to maximize Harden's space and minimize his defensive exposure. You reap what you sow.

15. dmoneybangbang

You answered yourself below.

So then it's more on Morey than Harden.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not quite, but you seem intent on blaming everyone except Harden so you might as well go with that.

17. dmoneybangbang

Me disagreeing with you isn't the same as not blaming Harden.

Harden is better than Lowry. And Harden has worse teammates than Nash had.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Harden wasn't better than Lowry in 2016.

And no, Harden's 2016 teammates were better than Nash's 2006 teammates. 2006 Nash was simply better than 2016 Harden.

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

out of shape Harden> Lowry, Lillard, Draymond and other media created superstar

the advanced stats favor harden againist every player not named westbrook, curry, and durant

20. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

lol no version of nash is better than harden

2006 suns had better players, and the west was weaker back then