1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunk Statistics in 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MightyMog, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I saw this post in RealGM, so wanted to find out what where the Rockets sit.

Here are the numbers for 2009-2010. I actually surprised that Ariza dunked that much, he was overall number 31 out of all the NBA players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/dunk-o-meter/yearly?&_1:col_1=4&start_row=101

Trevor Ariza SG HOU 68
    Chase Budinger SF HOU 27
    Jordan Hill PF HOU 24
    Kevin Martin SG HOU 14
    Jared Jeffries PF HOU 13
    Hilton Armstrong C HOU 10
    Jermaine Taylor SG HOU 5
    David Andersen C HOU 4
    Shane Battier SF HOU 2
    Chuck Hayes PF HOU 2
    Luis Scola PF HOU 2
    Will Conroy PG HOU 1
    Brian Cook PF HOU 1

So who you think its going to be lead 2010-2011? We might think its Yao but with that foot injury (will we see more layups), not sure its going to be him. We lost Ariz.....

Maybe C.lee or Bud, assuming Yao can't jump as high or asked not to jump as high.

2. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

These numbers need to be checked. Chuck with two? Highly suspect..

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Unable to edit post for grammar..Fail........

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Bud will lead us in dunks this year.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I recall him having at least 1 last year. I can't say what game it was, but i remember telling myself, "WAS that Chuck?"

Maybe another Rocket member can remember what game that was.

6. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rockets can not dunk or jump again without Landry and Ariza.

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Landry had 82 :(

9. ipa

ipa Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNpIeG5RwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNpIeG5RwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Here you go, MightyMog..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNpIeG5RwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNpIeG5RwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

11. ty185

ty185 Member

Injury or not, I don't think it's too much to expect Yao dunking once every game. assuming he plays 65 games, that's a number Chase can't possibly imagine to catch.

12. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

come on guys, what about Kevin Martin. i think he will lead us in dunks. or, Carmelo ;)

13. ezzie

ezzie Member

j-hill if he gets significant mins, all hes really done is clean-up then dunk

14. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Anyone got the vid of Cookie Monster throwing down his lone dunk?

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Jared Jeffries with 13 dunks??? I thought he could only do layups. And I didn't think he could make 13 layups.

16. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Your leader next season. 24 dunks with only a small part of the season with Houston? Yeaaah, he's going to get more than Ariza did last season.

17. sefril

sefril Member

actually, IIRC it was a GREAT dunk.. first he pump fake it to send the opponent to the wasteland and he threw it down.. and i also remember the reaction of the Clutchfans (that makes the dunk even more greater), like "OMG, it's like a JORDAN!" or something.. :grin:

18. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Yao will lead the team, and if Jordan Hill plays a lot then he is 2nd.

From the wing position, it will be CBud.

DD

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

That was T-Mac-like