1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunk of the Year by D Wade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Mar 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. izeroi

izeroi Member

Same thing I was thinking. None the less that was a very impressive play.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I bet you $100 that if LeBron and Bosh never came to the Heat. None of you would be talking **** about Dwyane's dunk. Ridiculous. AS LONG AS YOU ARE LOSING YOU SHOULD ACT MORBIDLY DEPRESSED. :rolleyes:

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

the dance did ruin it

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he did that out of homage to juwan who did that little dance a few times in the fab five documentary back in the day at mich

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2011/03/17/have-ball-will-travel-dwyane-wade-iii/

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4DR309fQi18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....then what was the victory rally at the begging of the season and the multiple championship prediction an homage to? I really think that was more Wade clowning like a fool basking in the glory of nothing. If your right though and he is more concerned with paying homage to Juwon rather focusing on the 9 point deficit at home than we have a problem.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Instead of dancing after the dunk, What he should've done was pounded his chest and flexed his muscle like a Roman Gladiator would do right after he beheads a giant behemoth monster!!!

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

didn't know he'd done it before, just talking out of my arse, i really don't see the big deal, it was a nasty dunk, vince carter used to do that crap all that time, people are only looking for something to b**** about, there is going to be mass depression if these guys win

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

11. New Generation

Nah, only Lebron.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...true but no one ever expected Vince to be anything more than a selfish one dimensional scorer. He was a great player and fun to watch, but the expectations for Wade and Lebron were far higher and to be fair they seem to put that on themselves - it's not just something we put on them. The whole super friends spectacle, the constant discussion about what people think of them, the dancing in the middle of key games - it makes a lot of us(myself included) who thought Wade and Lebron may be one of the true greats of basketball feel betrayed that maybe we misjudged them and they don't care about the game as much as they do about looking good, being liked, and not losing(as opposed to being the best).

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I could go find posts of mine that condemn Noah, LeBron, Mo Williams, and others for dancing.

Don't project yourself onto everyone else - it has nothing to do with how my team is doing or who is on what team. I have standards for how 'cool' people should act and I don't relax them for Kobe or Dwayne Wade.

Keep that $100 handy.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

No dance can ruin a dunk like that. As for the he looked stupid doing this down 9, It was in the 2nd quarter. It's not like it was in the 4th qt.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Explain that to the myriad of haters that have intruded on this thread.

Replace Dwyane with Derrick Rose, and everyone is going to be screaming MVP! What can I say, haters gonna hate!

16. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

lol....well done.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

who cares about the dance. wow..can some of you guys whine about anything?

that was a sick dunk. yes he did travel and won't win any dance competitions, but sick dunk regardless.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i would care more about wade traveling if every single spin move in basketball history wasn't a 3 step travel. it seems to just be an unwritten rule that the generic 3-step spin moves don't get called travels (i don't even see it in college) because it's pretty much impossible to spin around someone without planting for your first step and then spinning with the next 2 like wade did. look at that famous spin and fade they always show of hakeem on shaq from the finals. hakeem practically made that spin in slow motion and they didn't even call a travel.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thread should be titled 'Drunk of the Year: D. Wade' -- dude has a serious alcohol problem.

20. Chrisjaka

Chrisjaka Member

Thanks for the cabbage patch Loser.