1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dunk Contest] Rating the Dunks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Duncan McDonuts, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Sorry if posted already. I thought this article was hilariously turrible, and he's hating on Bud who never needed to take 5 tries to do one dunk.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...454365.html;_ylt=AnBj7Y9Ve3qraid.zW2q7KC8vLYF

Posting the summarized rankings here.

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling just to get hits. There's no way the runner up has the 3 worst dunks, and the worst dunk of all time is #5.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nr. 5 was wack but I also had Bud with the worst dunks. Basic windmill, dunking over a 5ft something dude and a basic reverse. That's uncreative and terrible, no difficulty.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Only thing wrong with his list is having Jeremy Evans 1st dunk 5th. That should have been last.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I was impressed with chase. Blindfold reverse and p diddy doing a well timed lob. Besides that I think the double dunk was the only impressive. Ps. I'm not a homer

5. Duncan McDonuts

Evans did a bounce pass reverse that almost went in the basket itself. That is the WORST dunk. Evans also dunked over a shorter person. Diddy is 5' 10", Kevin Hart is 5' 2" and Chase also caught an alley-oop from Diddy whereas Evans handled the ball the whole time.

Evans already has 2 worse dunks than Chase. Cheryl Miller also laughed at him. He didn't even get respect from the least respected NBA-affiliated reporter.

Derrick Williams did an off the backboard dunk. That is worse than any dunk Chase did.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Still doesn't change the fact that Bud's dunks were trash. Doesn't matter what one was the worst. The rating is okay if you change #5 to last and Williams backboard alley to 2nd last.

7. BleedRocketsRed

#3 is too high, he used Hibbert to propel himself over him. I dobut he would have cleared Diddy with that jump.

8. Duncan McDonuts

This would be my honest rankings of the dunks.

1. Evans jumps over Hayward and throws down two balls on the alley-oop.
    2. Ricky Rubio passes off the side of the backboard, Derrick Williams grabs it and does a 360.
    3. Paul George turns off the lights, does a glow-in-the-dark 360 windmill.
    4. Paul George jumps over the 7-2 Roy Hibbert.
    5. Chase Budinger kind of dresses like Woody Harrelson in "White Men Can't Jump," jumps over Diddy for some reason.
    6. Chase Budinger "honors" Cedric Ceballos while dunking with a thin blindfold.
    7. Paul George throws up a Larry Bird sticker, dunks several minutes later.
    8. Derrick Williams enters on a motorcycle, jumps over it.
    9. Chase Budinger does Derrick Williams's motorcycle dunk, just without the motorcycle.
    10. Jeremy Evans gets a visit from mailman Kevin Hart, wears a Karl Malone jersey, jumps over the very short Kevin Hart, does the Mailman dunk.
    11. Jeremy Evans straps on a camera, throws it to himself off the bounce for a reverse.
    12. Derrick Williams tries to go off the backboard and through the legs nine times, ends up doing something way less impressive.

In all honesty, Paul George probably should have won. Evans had no reason holding that trophy.

This was the most unremarkable dunk contest ever. The only reason it's not forgettable was because of how turrible it was. The crowd was never into it. TNT's commentary should've been on the PA system so at least the crowd could have been entertained.

9. BleedRocketsRed

1. Evans jumps over Hayward and throws down two balls on the alley-oop.
    2. Ricky Rubio passes off the side of the backboard, Derrick Williams grabs it and does a 360.
    3. Paul George turns off the lights, does a glow-in-the-dark 360 windmill.
    4. Chase Budinger kind of dresses like Woody Harrelson in "White Men Can't Jump," jumps over Diddy for some reason.
    5. Derrick Williams enters on a motorcycle, jumps over it.
    6. Paul George jumps over the 7-2 Roy Hibbert.
    7. Chase Budinger does Derrick Williams's motorcycle dunk, just without the motorcycle. But with more power and hops than DWill.
    8. Paul George throws up a Larry Bird sticker, dunks several minutes later.
    9. Chase Budinger "honors" Cedric Ceballos while dunking with a thin blindfold.
    10. Jeremy Evans straps on a camera, throws it to himself off the bounce for a reverse.
    11. Jeremy Evans gets a visit from mailman Kevin Hart, wears a Karl Malone jersey, jumps over the very short Kevin Hart, does the Mailman dunk.
    12. Derrick Williams tries to go off the backboard and through the legs nine times, ends up doing something way less impressive.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

This dunk contest was an embarassment. It's time to just put it to rest.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would put Derrick Williams' 360 dunk over the two ball dunk, and Evans' camera dunk was by far the worst one.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

They all sucked bad so who cares what order they're in.. it's like trying to put a bunch of ugly chicks in order; does it really matter??

13. bewy

bewy Member

The author is a piece of racist ****. I wouldn't be surprised if he advocates black power. How the f*** did chase's all three dunks ranked worse than Derrick William's 9 fail attempts? WTF?

14. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Agreed. Evans completely botched that bounce but for whatever reason decided to finish it