1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunc'd On Podcast Discussing Rockets Free Agent Signings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Jul 3, 2016.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well have fun getting that treatment since I guess you're happy being their b*tch. And you're dictating what should be referred to as "common sense?"

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The real question is why are you obsessing over the podcast as if it is the end all be all? Who care what they commented on. Anyone with common sense would agree right?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I guess the lakers are gonna be awesome then

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When we got Lawson no one else in the league gave a damn; only hopeful CFers thought it was great. We got some nice words here and there about it potentially being a good move but that's it.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think the ideas that these guys came up with as an alternative to Anderson/Gordon illustrates that this was the best case scenario. Marvin Williams isn't the player offensively that we need, but that's who he wanted for us. I just don't buy on to us doing poorly. Are we a championship team? I don't know, probably not, but we could be top 4 in the WC.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What are you talking about? He made it seem like they trashed the rockets signings because of some bias against us, but didn't trash other signings. In fact, they did trash the other horrendous ones, i.e turner, mozgov

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I honestly think we'll be just fine. We have solid playmakers now that can play more than one position giving us more flexibility than we've had in a long time. If D'Antoni can consistently get these guys open for shots and everyone can stay healthy, we're gonna be just fine.

8. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Still listening to the day 2 pod now, but the day 1 pod was worth the time (almost 2 hrs). LOL @ their comments about Portland re: Parsons/Turner.

Don't dismiss these podcasts just because you think these guys might be biased towards other teams. Great way to learn more about the other teams in the league. I'll go out on a limb and say this might be one of the better NBA podcasts available.

9. Mr. Clutch

Just fine= Les keeps making money?

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

LOL.

It will be the same result if Rockets does nothing.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It has nothing to do with Anderson or Gordon.

12. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It's pure ball talk, not gimmicky, no fancy entertainment type stuff. but great to listen too

13. Mr. Clutch

I don't see where he's wrong.

Anderson and Gordon don't make us contenders, not even close. Maybe not even a playoff team.

And we're stuck with them for two years after Harden is a free agent at the age of 29.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

It is definitely one of most informative and insightful ones -- if not the most informative and insightful.

They can get a bit boring at times though -- to me at least. Which says something -- because I think history podcasts are exciting.

But I think their podcasts going into and about free agency have been particularly awesome.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This off-season really hit you hard, such anger. :(

16. malakas

malakas Member

Fully agree with what they said and I had the same thoughts as soon as I saw the Anderson horrible signing.

But sure..."media bias" "they are all out there to get us"

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't get the hate on Gordon's contract. Low to medium risk, medium to high reward. It wasn't that much money and we did have to spend something even if we're not contending.

The Ryan Anderson contract is brutal. Probably the most disappointing thing I've seen this team do recently. It's going to burn us for years to come. I honestly think it'll be the downfall for this current organization.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Considering morey has been trying to get Ryan Anderson for three years and he was frequently pegged as a free agent target going into this offseason by people close to the team, it's weird to me that anyone would point to his signing as evidence of morey losing power.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I really don't like Nate Duncan. He moved to SF and became a Warriors homer and thus ever since last year has hated on pretty much everything Rockets.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid. Everything about the Rockets has been crap since last season, so that's not something to dismiss a breh on.