1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duncan or Embiid?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, May 1, 2019.

?

Who do you go for as your franchise cornerstone?

1. Duncan

2. Embiid

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True Spurs hater. Respect ;)

2. smokieethabear

There was also period in time Dwight Howard was the best big man in the league.

Duncan was a generational talent and a player you would build your whole team around.

Maybe I'm biased but I was never much of a fan of Embiid, primarily due to his durability, or lack of. He's still young so don't know what he'll end up becoming but I don't see him improving much but I can see him with more injury issues.

EDIT:

Just noticed you said exclude injuries. I'd still pick up Duncan over Embiid.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like Joel's funny smashmouth troll tweets.

Obviously, that'd be the cornerstone to my five presidencies.

Jontro likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I really hate his voice but I dun like Duncan as well. Embiid sounds like a thirsty dude about to die in a desert.

I guess I just roll with Hakeem and admit those other 2 guys were there as well.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People think Embiid shooting 3's is CUTE and Duncan winning all of the time is boring. What a world.

6. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Embiid has never won DPOY, nor has he even made 1st team all defense. Duncan is one of the greatest to ever play. It is a ridiculous question at this point in Embiid's career. He's done nothing so far. Duncan is an all-time great, 5xchamp, 3x finals mvp, 2xmvp, and recipient of a TON of other awards. End of story.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I want to know who voted for Embiid

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Even if Embiid had perfect health I would prefer to start my franchise with Duncan.

There have been already too many whispers for years now , about Embiid looking at the Lakers, there's a very big flight risk here.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Embiid has a more entertaining personality than Duncan...but Duncan has shown his fun side every now and then.

Duncan is better than Embiid in literally everything else, including everything basketball related.

10. Lovemachine2000

I disagree with the bolded statement. is a healthy Embiid better than James Harden, Kevin Durant, Giannis, Kawhi, or Anthony Davis? A healthy Embiid is top 10, arguably top 5, but certainly not top 3.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Duncan>>>Embiid

this isn’t even a contest

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not arguably he is the greatest 4 ever, made Spurs the winningest team in American sports history. Dude was like Shaq and Kobe rolled into 1, he carried his team 4 quarters and then made clutch shots for his team in the end including game clinching 3s when he doesn't even take 3s normally.

The kicker though is he never had another superstar alongside him during 5 champ run unless you count rookie Kawhi and old man Admiral. I mean who the hell considers Manu Ginobili and freaking Tony Parker a superstar? That somebody freaking thinks Embiid would be in the least bit comparable to TD is just an insult to him.

Big Fundamental>>>>>Big Injury

Patience likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Clearly the OP did. Who else, fess up.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Duncan and I don't even see a reason to argue for Embid.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You take away ALL of his injuries and I would take him over Giannis and Kawhi. That leaves KD, Harden, and Davis? A fully healthy Embiid vs a fully healthy Davis is a pick'em in my opinion. It depends on what style you prefer more.

16. omgTHEpotential

Funnily enough, I voted for Duncan.

17. HROZ

HROZ Member

TD obviously

But this is unfair on Embiid TD has already proved it. Embiid has 10 years to prove it. (If injuries let him)

Though that's a lot to live up to. A top 10 player all time

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I voted Embiid but I admit it’s because of recency bias. I don’t remember Tim Duncan at 20 (the basis of this question) and even knowing what Tim’s game evolved into, being a crucial piece of those championship teams...I think there’s an outside chance Embiid’s game ages better in today’s era. Still an impossibly tough vote though. Embiid will have to start having healthy seasons and become more humble to have duncan’s longevity

#38 Jayzers_100, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  19. HROZ

HROZ Member

I mean TD was the was consensus no1 pick with no injury issues. Though he came into the NBA at 21.

Plus Finals MVP at age 23.

Patience likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This has to be a trick question by the OP. Some sneaky thing to get us confused because oh my god, the potential!

Timmy D everyday and twice on Sundays. My brother-in-law in SA worships the ground he levitates over. We have an argument every year or so about Duncan vs Hakeem. He claims the Fundamental is better than Dream and I just start laughing hysterically. It drives him crazy.