1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duncan, Odom, Francis, together?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, Apr 15, 2000.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

I read in one topic that we can get Duncan or Odom. Is there any chance we can get both players. Can you imagine the rockets line-up next year if this happens.

C-Hakkeem
    PF-Duncan
    SF-Odom
    SG-Anderson
    PG-Francis

Now that will stop the lakers from having a dynasty.

If we can get both of them, I will be willing to part with Drew, Norris, Mobley, Rogers, Williams, Thomas, Massenburg, Bullard, Cato and all of our picks including the lottery pick. I dont care what are bench looks like. Of course, I will be happy if we still keep Mobley and Thomas but i think we need to part ways with both of them if you want to have Duncan and Odom.

This maybe wishful thinking but who knows.

But I really believe we will land an up and coming superstar or maybe even a major superstar next year through trades. The only question is.......who?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Onepaks (edited April 15, 2000).]

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Don't count on it.

Odom is signed for at least another 2 years and the Rockets can't afford Duncan without mortgaging their future.

------------------
    The lottery sucks!

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If the rockets trade Walt, Cato, Rogers, Drew, Bullard, and two 1st rd picks for Odom. There should be enough cap space to sign Duncan. The clips should have the room to absorb this with all their FA.

This is a dream world though. Go for Odom. If Duncan comes, he comes.

------------------
    Moochie hear no evil Moochie speak no evil
    Moochie see no evil

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hmmmm...

My nephew has already tried out that line-up on his Sega-Genesis. It didn't work. Odom and Francis kept taking the ball from each other, and he nearly broke the joystick trying to get Hakeem to move out of the low post for Duncan.

Also, the computer immediately placed Mobley on the Lakers the moment he deleted him from the Rockets roster.

5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Duncan, Odom, and Francis together?

In a word: no.

------------------

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

too confusing.

you need a base to balance the pH of an acid in chemistry (to make it neutral).

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited April 15, 2000).]

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Onepaks, I really REALLY hope you were being sarcastic with that post....

Does anybody have a copy of the last NBA Collective Barganing Agreement handy?? I thought there was some silly clause way in the last paragraph about a salary cap or something....

A-Train

------------------