1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumping Gerald Green May Be Gold for Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abcohan, Nov 11, 2008.

1. abcohan

abcohan Member

I'm watching the LA game and he seems like a different player - very aggressive off. and def.

just a note

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, watching him is making me sick...we kept Wafer.....this kid is so fricken fast, and is hitting the midrange shot, using the window, attacking instead of settling for the 3pter...

I said it in the dish, but he is looking like a full MLE player at the end of the year right now.

He is just going by Kobe etc like he is standing still.....I hope the Rockets go after him in the offseason, but he may just stay in Dallas, a team that gave him a chance to grow.

DD

3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

he is doing good in the absence of Josh Howard..

4. DaDakota

What a DUNK !!!

I don't get excited by most dunks but OMFG right in Odom's grill !!!

DD

#4 DaDakota, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  5. jfrancis78

jfrancis78 Member

It's really sad that we had Gerald Green in the palm of our hands, and we didn't even bother to give him a chance. He was obviously working hard to become a better all-around player. He is playing very well for the Mavericks, and he doesn't look lost out there. He is doing all the little things like deflections, rebounds, and DEFENSE. We could have used him because we lack athleticism, good rebounders, and consistent ENERGY. Instead we decided to keep guys who are not contributing or who are stuck on the bench, like Von Wafer and Luther Head.

6. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

He doesn't fit on our team. That's all Morey is concerned about, rightfully so.

7. DaDakota

Why? Because he is athletic, and can make shots?

LOL.

He fits.....better than some of the guys in our current rotation.

DD

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

I still never understood why they signed Bobby Jones and let him play when we had Green.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I wanted Green, but he would just rot on our bench...

In retrospect, I would take Rudy Gay if Battier is just going to ride the pine all year. Get your azz back battier........... :mad:

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because he is as dumb as a brick and selfish as an NFL wide reciever.......

11. jfrancis78

jfrancis78 Member

Are you serious????

12. DaDakota

Wrong, wrong, wrong....he is not nor has he ever been dumb, he was inexperienced.

It took some committment by him to get better, and it took a coach willing to teach.

He is scoring well, rebounding well, and moving the ball....he just needed a chance.

DD

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

yeah i never understood why we decided to keep our benchwarmers rather than keeping green on the bench. he was low risk but we never picked him up again.
    can you say rashard lewis??? when the heck is houston gonna learn its lesson?
    i was really looking forward to green growing under the tutelege of tmac and battier. wtf... :mad:

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

He is lucky to play with Kidd!

15. DaDakota

17 pts 6 rebounds in 18 minutes.

DD

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I always thought it was dumb to get rid of him. We could have had him signed to a long term deal for very cheap because there were a lot of doubts that he would even stay in the nba. If your last player is going to be a scrub regardless, you may as well take one with huge upside, rather than a non-nba level talent like Von Wafer who got hot for a couple weeks but will never amount to anything.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I don't think he would have found enough playing time behind Tracy and Battier. Especially now since we got Artest. Had we kept him, he probably would have been involved in the trade that brought Ron here.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Dude he went to Gulf Shores Academy. He is most certainly dumb.

He was not even allowed to play his Junior year because of his grades....

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

W or L?
    Either way, If Morey thought he would not help our team, than I trust him....

20. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Green might be a little cocky on the beginning of his tenure and can't get his head straight, but i'm sure in some point of time he will come around.