1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumervil to the Ravens

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 24, 2013.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Elvis Dumervil has agreed with the Ravens. Details coming on <a href="http://t.co/3H93t9hBcg" title="http://denverpost.com/broncos">denverpost.com/broncos</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/315923969066803200">March 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Baltimore Ravens agree to 5 year deal with former Broncos D-End Elvis Dumervil.</p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/315928060098670593">March 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

#1 ItsMyFault, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

For a team that lost "everyone" and had limited/little cap space, not bad.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Wow, great signing for BAL. I'm guessing he lines up opposite of Suggs as an OLB?

4. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And, might I add, HOOOOOOO!!!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Ravens are giving former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Guess it is a good thing his contract didn't get faxed in time.

7. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

That Ozzie Newsome... man!

SI_PeterKing
    Cap is $2.5 this year because Dumervil gets $1m salary this year, with $1.5m proration of signing bonus, adding up to $2.5m.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

#8 J.R., Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So the Ravens lose Kruger and gain Dume(a little upgrade). Good move though, too bad that defense is going to be even worse next year.

Von Miller can't be too pumped about this.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

A net win for the Texans since the Broncos are more of a threat.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not sure why you removed it. I thought it was better than the Peter King tweet explanation.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Arthur Jones on Elvis Dumervil addition: 'That's awesome. It's like a dream team in the making. I can't wait until we all get together.'</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/315957726972882944">March 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. raj87

raj87 Member

The Ravens also will receive a comp pick for losing Kruger - likely a 4th rounder. Denver will not receive a comp pick, as they CUT Dumervil.

14. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Fantastic signing by the Ravens. They have now signed Canty, Spears and Doom for 5 mill less than the Browns signed Kruger for. A beefed up D-line to stop the run, and an improved pass rush with the addition of Dumervil. Rumours are they will go for Michael Huff next. Webb, Ngata, Suggs and McClain back fully healty, and with 12 draft picks and Ozzie at the handles. I won't be surprised that the Ravens D are actually much MUCH better next year.

15. Sir Geving

Not to mention that the Dumervil signing, and possible Huff signing won't cost any comps since they were cut. But they again will get comps next year for Ellerbe, Kruger, Williams and Reed

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So true, had they kept him with Welker signing..I'd be much more worried. Ravens are already so weakened and 1 Dummervil won't push them up that much and the Broncos come back down to Earth a bit. Good news for Texans fans

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lots of explosive threats on that Ravens D. If they're healthy they'll be nasty. Jones & Smith aren't very good WR's though IMO. Yeah, I don't like Smith. Yeah, I saw Jones play in the SB.

19. Sir Geving

Agreed. I think that defense will actually be MUCH improved if healthy. They still have needs at ILB and safety with four starters gone. But I guess Ozzie will address that through FA (Huff? Dansby maybe?) and with their 12 draft picks.

On the offensive side, I'm more skeptical. As you said, I don't think Torrey is ready to be a nr.1 wide receiver, and Jacoby certainly isn't a good nr. 2.

They also have a big need at LT. It will be interesting to see what they do in the rest of the offseason.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Ngata, Suggs, and Dumerville make for a pretty frightening pass rush. But I still see them taking a step back overall, because Huff isn't going to make anyone's secondary stellar and their LB corps isn't imposing on rushing downs. We'll see what additional holes they plug in the draft.

Agreed that the best part of all this (from a Texans viewpoint) is the Broncos losing some sting.