1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dumb guard play huh ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by danjojo, Nov 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. zong

zong Member

Yes, we are winning now. What is a point for the complaining. Some people here complain one player, then others, never stop, also try to create lots of tension among the funs. It is really annoying.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LMAO, you just bring it up by way of example and they start coming out of the woodwork.

Thanks djunior for proving my point. You rock, seriously, dude.

3. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

I would agree with you if it was midseason but after 5 games? They both had great games I will give you that but lets see if they can keep this up!

4. danjojo

danjojo Member

Oh come on ! It was, what do you call it again...oh, yeah, a JOKE !
    Even stupid people deserve to live...

5. danjojo

danjojo Member

No kidding...some people need to seek professional help...

6. snowmt

snowmt Member

Memo to danjojo, this is not the ESPN board. Be polite.

Read the posting rules of clutchcity.net please.

7. danjojo

danjojo Member

Quit poluting the thread with absurd statements snowguy, or where you trying to tell us that Derek Fisher is better then Steve Francis too ?

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

On the money! Francis and Mobley are showing signs of improvement, but they still haven't made up for putting fans through some of the stupidest basketball I have ever seen at any level FOR FOUR YEARS.

Overall, M & F are playing better defense, making more passes, not dribbling as much, and picking their shots better. I like the passing motion and player movement. I really love the rebounding intensity of Cato, Braggs, and Ming. But most of all I love JVG.

After a few wins over some of the Best of the West, I might get excited. (maybe even if the Rockets beat Orlando and Dallas next week)

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

danjojo,

You came to this board late. You need to figure out what we are talking about before you make broad assumptions.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

You are absolutely right! We should be greatful and appreciate Steve & Cat. Without them we wouldnt have Yao.

Thank You again Steve & Cat:)

11. RocketsNLPFan

RocketsNLPFan Member

Francis is shooting great. and despite what people on this board think, francis isn't taking enough shots.

12. djunior

djunior Member

:D ditto

13. farhan007

farhan007 Member

There will never be any change you people. Even if we get 60 wins this season, you will still complain about the past. What good is it to complain about the previous four years. Right now what steve and cat are doing is great. If steve keeps it up through the year hell be a candidate for mvp!!! And im serious!!!! Hes doing everything withen the flow of the game...

Btw, that was hilarious when steve used Yao as a blocker to shoot the three!!! How could he see over him??

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Man i dont care if Moochie takes every shot as long as we get the W im coo with it

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I agree he should take more, now that he is playing a Shooting Guard position he should be a big scorer.This is what Steve is good at and it looks more natural . This of course begs the question who is playing Point Guard? If we are going to do as JVG said and play the inside/outside Game then there must be a Point Guard[No hybrids need apply].

16. Chaser

Chaser Member

The guards deserved their criticism of selfish play. The used to dribble way too much and played one on one ball on most of the possessions. But so far this season, they have been doing much more penetrating and dishing. The presence of JJ has helped greatly.

17. knwldg

knwldg Member

Ok, forget the fact that you are overlooking the fact that Yao is attracting the attention of several teams that it is creating better looks for our perimeter players.

But you are actually gonna post that Steve and Cuttino are actually doing the same thing they did last year and thats why we are winning?

By your logic, Steve and Cat should be, statistic wise, contributing more because they are carrying the team.

How about entertaining the thought that they are winning because they are playing within the system that JVG has installed and the Rox, as a team, are actually playing team ball?

AND, JVG actually holds them accountable for decisions and style of play.

I think you post should read more like:

"Lets give Steve and Cat some major cred, now that they are playing team ball, getting everyone envolved and taking over games that are on the verge of slipping away."

18. danjojo

danjojo Member

I don't have a problem with that. That is what i was getting at. Give the guards credit and stop telling everyone they suck because Yao is not getting the ball enough or because they shoot too much.

BTW, if JVG has installed a system of play and gets the guys to play the way HE wants them to play (1 week into the season), then i believe you can say Rudy failed big time last year. Much more then the guys executing his plays.

Regardless, Steve and Cat are excellent basketball players who will take this team to the championship with Yao's help, and some hard nosed Elie style supporting players.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"They're coming to take me away, oh my"

20. knwldg

knwldg Member

One other thing, 1 week does not make a season, and don't think that if/when Steve and Cat revert to their bad habits sometime during the season, it won't be well noted. Until they prove over several seasons that you can play team ball, they will carry that monkey in the media and with several Rox fans, which is just the nature of the beast.

And BTW, lets not dwell on what Rudy T, did or didn't do, no matter what yours or mine or anyone else’s opinion is, he has as had very good intentions for this organization. And I think the situation just outgrew him, no one is perfect for every coaching situation and if you have any doubt, just look at around the league.

As for your last paragraph, that is a very optimistic view and I do share that hope. About them being "excellent bball" players....eehhh, I don't hold them in that high of a regard, yet, but I'm sure they appreciate your bias opinion.