1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Due to Yao's injury...Doubtful Ron Artest will resign with Houston next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, May 9, 2009.

1. YaoChineseProud

LA is the least like choise for Ron, you think Ron will stand next to Kobe?

2. rocketshopeful

ok so what exactly are you looking forward to next year then? Who do you think rocket's can get in his place that would bring more?

3. NYRangers

NYRangers Member

I also agree, at this point in his career he wants to achieve greater success. His clock is ticking and nxt year is the last chance he will ever get to control his destiny in getting a ring. Staying in Houston is too much of question marks. First who can we get for Mac, who we can't, and the lastest news of the C with 4 years of season ending injuries. These are core players on the team not rolepayers. Artest is a gonner.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I wish Yao could play a full year, and complete a deep postseason run, but it is very doubtful............imo.

What will Morey do for backup 5?

I feel like any given year its either mac or Yao or both that will be out.

5. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Thats the key... this team is good enough to make the playoffs if we sign Ron Artest without Yao being a huge factor but we need a backup center that can actually contribute and let Yao coast through the season. I'm sure Morey is considering now what to do.. one more shot at a title or rebuild now. I say take the shot now while a lot of the league is concerned with 2010... use that to your advantage with T-Macs contract and get a couple of decent players back like a Camby and a decent spot up shooter.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yo.. if he don't want to be down with us next season then f*** him.. if he's not with the Rox next year, i'll root against him as a basketball player.. but much respect goes out to him though.. true warrior

7. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

why the hell would he want to stick around here?
    push wheel chairs for a few mill? :confused:

8. rocketsmetalspd

Calm down Nostradamus, let us wait till the season is over for the team and get past the draft to see what Morey does with the team.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They're friends off the court. Kobe went to the Lakers in the offseason and lobbied for them trade for Ron.

10. Shanecer

Shanecer Member

LOL :D

11. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

He didn't deserve either ejection....

12. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Umm, Ron will sign with LA

Ron will show up super intense during team practice. A few bruises and loosen teeth all around. But hey it's cool the guy is just a competitor. LA does get a little suspicious when Ron nails 7 game-winning 3pt shot right on the backboard.

Tension broods because unlike Kobe's other teammates, Ron has yet to show any sign that he believes in Kobe's elbow of motivation. Nor has Ron sign the Kobe teammate contract that reads 'I am not like that Colorado b. I consent'.

One month into the season Kobe gets very upset after a team practice. Ron is the first one to hit the Gatorade and that's just not how the pecking order work. Kobe then takes over and uses his signature move: a cheap shot from behind. When asked what he's doing, Kobe screams "You can't stop me!". But things begin to go haywire because one second into the ordeal and there is still no whistle. Five seconds later, Kobe is on his way to the hospital. Since the NBA officials aren't at the scene, Ron does not receive any flagrant. The Lakers once again decides that a baby and a real man can't co-exist. So they buy more diapers and Ron is let go.

Ron resigns with the Rockets in December. He finally takes off the wig and reveals the logo R.

Either all the events above will happen, or there is no justice in the world.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me too...

DD

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ron and Kobe are cool man.

They both acknowledged that and Kobe even sticks up for him about the flagrant fouls and gives him respect numerous times throughout the season.

Yeah Ron got in his face but that was a playoff thing, in the playoffs friends become enemies and they all shake hands afterwards.

I could see Ron going to L.A...would it work...i'm not sure.

As for Ron being here...i don't care...

15. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

I think Ron stays

16. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

Doesn't affect Artest re-upping in the slightest. He likes it here and we'll have to just wait and see. I know we're gonna go after him in the offseason pretty hard.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Regarding salary: The Rockets have Artest's "Bird rights". They can give him more money than any other team if they so choose. Another team would have to be under the cap to sign him or they could offer whatever exceptions they have. Houston can offer him whatever they want, even if they're above the salary cap. Other teams are limited in what they can offer, we aren't.

That's said. I'm not super high on Artest. When he's good, he's good. When he's bad, he's downright atrocious and he has no filter to tell him to stop shooting or ball hogging even when he's stinkin' up the place. He's been pretty good in the playoffs but he barely shot 40% in the regular season and was a constant source for many headaches.

18. worzel gummidge

Ron will sign with the team where he'll get the best deal. The Kings traded him only when he started taking his grievances to the media when they did not offer him an extension.

Market value + Yao Ming bonus from his chinese shoe deal = Rocket's advantage.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/artest-wont-take-paycut-for-chance-at-nba-title-18462

19. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Why wouldn't Ron resign? This is the perfect situation for him.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think we should do everything we can to re-up Artest.

I think near the deadline next year, we should unload McGrady's expiring contract for a good young Center/Power Forward and a pretty decent point guard.