1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Due to Yao's injury...Doubtful Ron Artest will resign with Houston next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, May 9, 2009.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I think he bails for Boston, LA, Cleveland or other contender. How will we attract any FA talent to this team................

so very depressed, how can the rox future look bright in the postseason........?

2. Pocket Rockets

i believe only out of those 3 teams, LA has enough money for him.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Lakers could only offer him a mid-level deal. They are probably going to lose Lamar Odom as it is.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

In Morey I trust.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure Artest would go to LA after this series. I'm not sure Kobe would want him there either. Artest takes things a bit personal and I think the Kobe cheap shot elbow is something he won't forget. I'm not sure Kobe wants a guy on his team who won't put up the verbal and physical abuse he dishes out on his team mates. You could almost guarantee Kobe going to the hospital the first time he gets in Ron's face.

I think San Antonio and Boston both need athleticism and youth and Ron doesn't offer either. He could, however, have a huge impact on a team like Portland or Cleveland.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hardly they will be already over the cap as it is because of bynum, gasol and kobe

and they have their own FAs: Odom, ariza and brown.

if they risk it but letting all 3 walk to get Artest then maybe but they would really kill their bench. Also the triangle is not something you can pick up right away, so i think Phil would rather have those 3 guys and at least Odom will have to take a heavy discount to stay and Ariza is probably going to be looking for at least a MLE deal since he just got off his rookie scale contract.

Buss will play some lux tax but he has said even he has a threshold...this aint the knicks now where they'll pay like an extra 60 mil in tux money

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Artest cares about two things more than champonships: money and being appreciated. Not necessarily in that order.

8. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

OP, I think you are jumping the gun a little here.

9. snappyd

snappyd Member

Agreed. He could go for a championship, but he also seems pretty damn loyal as well.

Simple case of wait and see.

10. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'm confused about your logic.

I think Artest will stay if we offer him a decent contract. He knows our potential and the fans have welcomed him happily, as have the other Rockets. It'd be extremely odd if he didn't want to at least play out a few more years with us.

12. luisantonio1014

He got the Rocket R on his head. I'm positive he'll resign with us. By next year, he'll have a big R tattooed on his back like 50 cent's 50. He'll probably have Yao's face on his chest too.

13. Norway's Winter

and maybe we shouldn't resign yao either... jesus, so we should build the team around TMAC? am I kidding?

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

To be honest...for someone who is looking for a championship contender and/or money, we're not the ideal fit for either scenario.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I wouldn't feel bad if Artest sign with another team this summer.

He plays hard, but he also causes some problems. He has been ejected twice during this series. Can you imagine he is ejected during a final game?! How much would that hurt the team?!

BTW, I think both Artest and Battier's defense are overrated. They couldn't stop Roy in the 1st series, and couldn't stop Kobe in this 2nd series either.

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he likes rick adelman, plus with mcgrady and yao supposed to be back, he'll want to win...........but it'll come down to money

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Am I supposed to be sad Artest probably won't be back?

I'm not. One year was enough for me.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed totally. He was considered damaged goods when we acquired him and we turned him into an integral part of a 50+ win team. Artest may be an odd fellow but you know he has to appreciate that.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This does not affect Artest.

Artest? He resigns here; he SnT's from here. T'mow he helps tie the series.

Cool it. :mad:

20. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Yao is out for the whole of next year too? when did 10 weeks become a year?