1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dudes who live alone and have a cat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Apollo Creed, Jul 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me introduce you to my little friend.

[​IMG]

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that didn't work so well on any of the cats I've owned. Sure, they might stop doing it when you are home and in the room, but leave the house, or in some cases, just the area and they get right back up there.

3. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

But it's a cat.

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

You sure are an opportunist, I respect that. You take advantage of every opportunity to FAIL.

5. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

So, what's the verdict? From the looks of it, you don't need any convincing one way or the other.

Like Jeff said, "Who cares what other people think?"...and, more specifically, "Who cares what other people think if the ones that don't like it are the same people talking about microwaving cats and throwing them off balconies, and justifying their standpoints with arguments such as 'cats suck'?"

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Don't buy a cat...or a dog.

Buy a guitar.

They don't poop on the floor, lick your face, or claw up your furniture. Best of all, they only make noise when you want them to.

;) :D

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I'm actually still on the fence. My only issue is that the cat I'm being asked to adopt is already 7 years old. That's an old cat. But on the pro side, it's already well behaved and it has been declawed (although I'd never do that to a cat myself, it's already done anyway and is a plus for my furniture)

So I'm not sure yet, actually. But the posts here helped!

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

KingCheetah got it right. If you are getting a cat, go for a big neutered male tabby. Those are the friendliest type of cats. Orange colored tabbies in particular are usually the most friendly cats (except for Garfield, that b*stard).

Female cats are too wussy and wishy-washy with affection.

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think they were selling it today in downtown for 5 cents. The line was around the corner.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm dissapointed that nobody has said this yet so I'm going to have to bite the classless bullet and say it:

Single guys like p***y cats

11. cagey veteran

cagey veteran Member

I would love to have a cat around, but I can barely take care of myself, so the responsibility of taking care of another living creature would probably not be that fair to it.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess we've been incredibly lucky. No furniture scratching, no problems. Just awesome (2) pets.

Agree with Batman on getting two cats. But not two females -- they would kill each other.

13. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

But it's a cat.

14. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

It is absolutely unbelievable that people have pets that they let crap in the house. Then let it sit there for days before it's cleaned out. You people are disgusting.

15. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I used to hate cats, but I was in the same situation you were and couldn't have a dog in my apartment. I got talked into getting a cat and now I love them. I have two now.

They're so much easier to take care of and much less needy than dogs. You can leave them for over a week with food, water and extra litter stocked. Never have to walk them.

They're usually very friendly if they're raised properly and treated right.

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't live alone, i'm married and have three sons, however, it's obvious that i'm a closet homo and am going to hell.

exhibit A:

[​IMG]

her name is sammy, we got her yesterday.

17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Ditto

I have a feeling that I wouldn't care for that type of woman either. The girls that I have met love my cat and they own dogs.

Deep down they probably dislike cats, but being that I am so irresistable, they just have to deal with it. It's ok with me. I don't mind.

I have a black and white domestic it has 1 hell of a personality.