1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dude kills 7 - leaves retribution video on Youtube

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amel, May 24, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

We live in a PC world where the primitive social order has been "suppressed".

You have a mentally ill beta male that has never been kept in check because of our warped society. He never learned how to be a man, and believed having status symbols made him worthy of being an alpha... From the clothes, the car, bodybuilding forum.

You have a small (5'9" 135 lbs), effeminate male without any confidence or empathy... throw in a society that is so PC that being masculine is frowned upon, coupled with mental illness and you have disaster.

In the past alpha males would have been able to police him, teach him how to be a man and provider and if he failed or refused, have punished him. That isn't allowed now so he was able to masquerade as a wannabe alpha when he was a beta.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He would probably have just turned into a date rapist, then.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Alpha's and Beta's? This isn't Misc or PUA forum.

At least people take mental illness a little more seriously than back then. Violent crimes are at the lowest rate in 40 years. The kinder more PC world is a little less dangerous than your alphas and betas world.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

They are calling him the BMW killer.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/basics/definition/con-20033813

QUESTION: What makes one killing the result of a 'mental illness' and another one not?

I could contend that killing someone for 27$ robbing a liquor is every bit as insane as this joker here.

I don't believe this guy . . his manifesto or any of it
    I think he is an extreme attention w**** willing to kill and die for fame.
    I find him just ridiculous and pathetic.

Rocket River

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Reagan Wisdom. <a href="http://t.co/yx9v33PG8Z" title="http://twitter.com/tjurman/status/471046592930541568/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/yx9v33PG8Z</a></p>&mdash; Tom Jurman (@tjurman) <a href="https://twitter.com/tjurman/status/471046592930541568" data-datetime="2014-05-26T21:53:54+00:00">May 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does this mean we absolve the 'system' or 'society' of all responsibility . . . .
    Are we to pretend that society does not in anyway mold, shape, affect the individual???

Rocket River
    Ketchup is still not a VEGETABLE

1 person likes this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

All that quote says is that we jump from one cop out to another. Blaming society is easy because changing a society doesn't happen over night. You know no real change will come of it so why not throw a bit more on and blame society. Blaming the dead is also easy, they are dead, the only thing that they will change is from a body to waste of maggots. Neither one of these paths fix anything.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

9. joepu

joepu Member

How come we rarely see the parents blamed on these cases? They are blaming the cops for not being thorough but the fact that his father called the cops on him is just wrong. I think if the father ever bothered to spend time with him it would never have gotten to this state.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Watch his videos...he's was pretty far gone.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Causation and correlation are not the same thing and there are a number of theories on crime rates. As far as people taking "mental illness" more serious.. It is still a huge issue.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious by what you mean by "alpha males would've policed him." That sounds more like he would've been bullied and picked on more which still might've driven him to kill people. While I agree that there are many aspects of our society that emasculate males I don't think that the ideas that in the past Alpha males would've policed people like this would've prevented this tragedy. Keep in mind massacres and violence by disturbed individuals were also occurring in the past prior to political correctness.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Looking at issues in society when something like this happens doesn't absolve the perpetrator but it is a matter of seeing if such things like this could be prevented.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He was a law abiding citizen. The exact person NRA feels should have no restriction on their gun ownership.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, nothing more grown up than simplistic garbage that doubles as government policy and enables these crimes.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He was a spoiled brat. He thought he was entitled to everything. You have to be self made buddy. You have to earn everything. He was too busy hitting the fiction books living in a fantasy twilight book.

18. platypus

platypus Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PezlFNTGWv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I blame his parents. Where did his sense of elitism and entitlement that were fueling his anger come from? He believed that he was a superior white male who deserved an attractive, blonde sorority girl. With his social/behavioral disorder, that's like hitting a major league fastball when you've never held a bat. In his mind he didn't understand why he struck out or why guys he considered inferior had better luck. It appeared like he was trolling online when he was being serious... I skimmed his manifesto and the dude was WEIRD. He ran off anyone who befriended him.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Rich kids are perfectly capable of becoming entitled twats without their parents' help.