1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dublin Dr Pepper is no more...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I prefer regular Dr. Pepper. Now Mexican Coke, that's an improvement on the standard stuff.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Boz

The Boz Member

Mexican Coke is off the chain! So much better than American Coke.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Dublin Dr Pepper settles with Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper is ending its 120-year relationship with its oldest, smallest bottler: the makers of Dublin Dr Pepper.

Plano-based Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. and the Dr Pepper Bottling Co. of Dublin have agreed to the move to settle Dr Pepper’s trademark-infringement case against the Central Texas bottler of a beloved version of Dr Pepper sweetened with cane sugar.

A joint statement issued Wednesday says the bottling company will continue as the Dublin Bottling Works Inc. and produce its other brands, including Nu Grape, XXX Root Beer and Big Red.

Dr Pepper Snapple says it will continue to distribute the soft drink sweetened with cane sugar for which the Dublin bottler had become famous in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Waco.

“It’s the same product Dublin sold. It will still be bottled and canned in distinct, nostalgic packaging. The only difference is it will not reference Dublin on the label,” according to the statement.

The companies entered a legal battle in Texas in June over trademark infringement and selling rights for Dublin Dr Pepper. After this settlement, the suits will be dismissed.

”We want to thank our many customers for their support of our family-owned business during the past 120 years, and we want them to know that Dr Pepper is still a big part of Dublin,” said Jeff Kloster, vice president of Dublin Bottling Works. “We hope customers will continue to visit our town, the W.P. Kloster Museum and Old Doc’s Soda Shop, where they can still enjoy Dr Pepper sweetened with cane sugar.”

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/01/turning-sour-dublin-dr-pepper-go-separate-ways/

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

According to the article, you'll still be able to get it, just not with "Dublin" on the label.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, sucks for them, no sweat off my back.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm sure many have stockpiled it and it will be available for a price.

After the nuclear holocaust and when survivors are roaming around hungry, someone will inevitably find a buried survivalist bunker stocked with the stuff.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Anyone try Dr Pepper 10? - closest "diet" soda to the real thing.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

So confusing. Is Dublin Dr. Pepper in Ireland?

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Isn't it the same as diet but just a different name because men do not like to buy "diet" labeled drinks? :confused:

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

There's someone on amazon peddling them for 8 bucks a bottle.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It has 10 calories instead of 0. So it is definitely different. Dr. Pepper 10 is good. Of course Diet Dr. Pepper was already much closer to the real thing than Diet Coke or Pepsi.

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Dublin, Texas. Dr Pepper was created in the Republic of Texas.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

really there is a place that sells it I have a few bottles in my fridge maybe I should go stock up before they realize this and the price sky rockets?

15. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I'm going to go slightly off-topic but I'd like to get some opinion on this.

When I was younger, I remember a lot of people saying that Dr. Pepper tasted like medicine. I thought they were crazy, and always enjoyed it.

Recently, I had my first Dr. Pepper in over 6 months. (I try not to drink soda), and it tasted just like medicine. I thought it was just me so after reading this thread, I grabbed a Dr. Pepper while on lunch and same taste..
    :(

Anyone else feel that way?

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Subliminal post is subliminal... :eek:

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I blame obama.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You were fooled... It was actually caused by Rebecca Black...

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So I can still order it from the same website though?

Edit: Ah. so going outside of their distribution area was part of the issue? So basically no more ordering the cane sugar version online ever? That's freaking terrible... I live in WI, I ain't driving down there to get it. And I haven't really drank regular Dr Pepper much since I tried Dublin Dr Pepper, because now all I taste is what it's not rather than what it is.

#19 Drexlerfan22, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. People are tearing Dr Pepper apart on their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/DrPepper?sk=wall&filter=1

I remember going to Dublin on a quick roadtrip to check out the area and grab some bottles of Dublin Dr Pepper. I'm not much of a soda drinker and couldn't tell the difference between it and regular Dr Pepper, but I thought it would be nice to visit Old Doc's Soda Shop. I took my, at the time, new Canon Rebel XTi camera and decided to take pics. I took some pics inside and decided to take a pic of Old Doc's store from the outside. As I was about to snap a pic, I saw 3 big old biker dudes come out of the store, so I decided to wait until they were out of the picture in case they didn't want to be photographed. lol. One saw me put the camera down and said "you want a pic? Take one!" I screamed back, "you want to be in it?" He held up 2 6 pack bottles of Dublin Dr Pepper and screamed back, "hell yeah!" I laughed and just took the pic. Sadly, I came home and was fiddling with settings on the camera and accidentally formatted the memory card, thereby losing all the pics I took. I damn near cried, because that pic was awesome. Ah well... I may head back down there to check out the little town again. I ran into some nice people while I was there.