1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

drug screen: HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smokieethabear, May 15, 2012.

1. smokieethabear

Sorry folks here is the update. I actually took the test on Friday June 1st. Results came back in today. Urine analysis 10 panel. Everything came out negative. =D

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Glad you had a good result, dude. My personal opinion about this crap is that it's an invasion of privacy and should be illegal, unless you're an airplane driver, or some such thing. It's an intrusion on our personal lives outside of the workplace, and that's outrageous.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

agreed Deck.

It amazes me it isn't. It is illegal in Canada by the way. Pre-employment testing is not allowed at all. And testing is only allowed for safety sensitive jobs and only once they demonstrate the need.

You desk jockeys would be exempt.

4. David Stern

David Stern Member

The USA could learn a few things from those strange Canucks

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What bothers me as much as the rediculous testing is that it has evolved into a purvasive aspect of employment, with industries built around its existence, without much of a complaint by the "powers that be" of either party. Most Democratic leaders who might be against invasive testing are afraid to speak out against it, thinking that to do so in the current political climate would be to insure defeat. I know Republicans that are against it, and they tend to keep a closed mouth when the subject comes up, unless it is in a private setting.

It's a bummer, folks. I have a good friend who moved to Canada about 35 years ago, and yes, it's much different up there. You might say it's a different climate altogether! :-D-

1 person likes this.
  6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. HombreDeHierro

"I think mar1juana is a tool that nature has provided humans with to expand our consciousness and turbo charge our creativity. Like all tools it should be used when you need it. If you're a carpenter, you're probably going to use a hammer every day, and if you're a writer I would recommend you find a good supply of the green and puff that **** with extreme prejudice.
    As for whether or not it can be detrimental, I think any job where weed is going to **** you up is probably a job that you don't really want in the first place. Unless you've got a family to support and a gang of responsibilities I would definitely recommend following a career path where you can do whatever the **** you want to in your free time. We've gotten to this weird state in our society where people just accept that your ****ty job doesn't just own you from 9-5, but that they can test you to find out if you're doing things in your time off that they don't agree with. That is some ****ing BULL****. It's one of the greatest travesties of our culture that we allow corporations to randomly test our bodies to see if we've consumed substances that they have deemed unacceptable, even if we're 100% sober during the agreed upon work time. That is nothing more than b****-training and social engineering. By getting you to accept their rules they're getting you to admit that they own you. It's an unfortunate reality for many of us that need our jobs to feed our families and don't have the luxury of walking away from such a restrictive and controlling environment, but while you're young and you have the option I would STRONGLY recommend you avoid any and all career paths that would take you down the road to become some company's b****.
    You can become mentally addicted to almost anything in life, including washing your hands and masturbating. I don't consider that kind of addiction the fault of what you're hooked on, I think it's just a mental error. That's the only real addiction you can have with weed, and the reality is that if weed can get you like that anything can.
    I think all human beings need discipline. As long as you have that, you don't ever have to worry about weed, or any other obsession ruining your life."

- Joe Rogan

that guy has some insights

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Well, this won't help (since you've already taken the test), but fake urine is the way to go if you don't want to quit. But with the amount of time you had, quitting would have done the trick.

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

And also, for the people arguing, it isn't worthwhile for most companies to drug test when they extend an offer of employment. Most companies will forego testing, and only test if you're injured, or they want to find a reason to fire you. That way, if you fail, they can fire you and not be on the hook for the benefits.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You mean, a pilot? :cool:

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

So, my wife just got a new job. In the letter she received, it says they're mailing her an out of state drug screen. That's all it said, nothing else, no real explination.

Anyone get one of these? I'm thinking they're sending her a little vial to pee in, seal it, and mail it off. Are we wrong? What's the point in this... I mean if she were going to fail, why wouldn't she just get someone else to pee in it?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Now they test you for tobacco.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just spotted this because of the bump. Yes, it refers to a pilot! :-D-