1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dropped my iphone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fredy, Mar 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

It sucks I dropped my 3g iphone on concrete and its not working anymore. It fell on its backside and got scratches but the screen is now fully white when I turn it on.

It's still under warranty. Should I lie to apple and say that it just stopped working or tell them the truth and hopefully they'll be nice and give me a new one.

Thanks in advance.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Play the fool.

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

buff out the scratches and warrenty it.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

i don't know if they see the scratches they will think you are lying, if you can remove the scratches and any other damages on the outside they might believe you.

6. drumbum

drumbum Member

They're usually really nice about it. Just tell them it happened by itself, and they'll usually type in your serial code, go to the back, and give you a new one.

7. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

Thanks guys. Just got back from the Apple store, they gave me a replacement. Told them that the screen just went crazy, and the guy said he'll just give me another one. It was too easy.

8. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Good job. Its funny how much apple store workers will just give you a new iPhone no questions asked.

9. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

fixed.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

did you have to show proof or purchase / warranty?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People I know who work at the apple store have told me to never say the iphone or ipod was dropped. They can look and know that it has been. Most of the time they won't question it, and don't want you to say that it's been dropped.

Once you say it's been dropped and that's what caused it to stop working, their options are limited.

12. yobod

yobod Member

It's good customer service. Of course they know you did something dumb with that phone, but if they were to call you out on it, and refuse you a new one....what are the chances you're gonna come back to apple and get that new iPod you wanted? Or get that new PowerBook or iMac? However, if every experience you have at Apple is pleasant, then obviously you're gonna be more inclined to keep coming back and buying their products. It just makes good business sense.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

How hard did you drop it? Shouldn't the iPhone be more sturdy and be able to handle being dropped? I've had multiple phones that I've dropped numerous times on concrete but they've never "broke". Just a few scuffs here and there.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My brother recently submerged his iTouch in saltwater. What do you think, are the chances he could use the warranty.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I like how you phrased it.. sounds like he took it to a saltwater fish tank, looked around, and then pushed it underwater deliberately to see what would happen.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, no, but it was about as dumb. He went fishing with our uncle and decided to hop out of the boat and help him push off.

17. Ryan Bowen MVP

It hurts a company's profit margin to do this. Nextel did this for a number of years and now is not so easy-going when it comes to replacements. Chances are your getting a refurbished one in return.