1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Droid X

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dave_78, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Anyone else seen this thing online? It's a beast! I'm all on this thing July 15.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365576,00.asp

4.3-inch touch screen, an 8-megapixel camera, a 1-GHz TI process, 720p video record with an HDMI output.

tech nerds unite to piss on my parade and tell me why this phone sucks or at least isn't that great!

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

This phone is a beast. Has a better GPU than Snapdragon (coming from a Snapdragon owner) so you should be good on gaming. And the screen is huge and multi-touch keyboard. Verizion did this right, really hope this comes around in a GSM version like the Milestone.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

I was going to make a thread about it...it seems like a great phone.

[​IMG]

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Verizon basically wanted an EVO so they told Motorola to design one.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm getting it launch day, no question.....

Btw fyi, if your contract ends anytime before 12/31, u can upgrade to this device :)

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I saw this. My contract ends 2/11 unfortunately but I'm eligible for my new every two in October so I'm going to try to see what I can pull to get this upgrade. I'm so freaking tired of this blackberry I have that if I have to I might just pay full price for the X. I'm online using my phone far too much to keep trying to do it on a blackberry. I need more power.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

up in october and have been dying to get a new badass phone... hopefully there aren't any issues with synching up to my work server

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Is it just me or have you bought like 150 phones in the last year? I swear you're "that phone guy" to me on the board. :) Oh yes, and the RPD stalker, too, of course.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was reading about this phone last night while looking for alternatives to my current iPhone and liked what I saw. Not sure I like the "hump" on the backside of the phone, though (caused by the camera).

Here's a comparison with the iPhone 4 (with lots of pics) :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/droid-x-vs-iphone-4-hang-out/

Unboxing and videos for those who enjoy that kind of thing :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/motorola-droid-x-first-official-hands-on-and-unboxing/

Not a bad phone for around $200. It's definitely at the top of my list at the moment. I just need to check out Verizon plans - I know in the past they've been kind of pricey in comparison to AT&T's plans.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Haha, its because I work for a certain telecom company.....

As far as phones, I've only had 3 phones in the past 2 years? (Curve, G1, Droid) :)

comparing plans with AT&T, its duplicate,the only difference is that VZW has unlimited data and better coverage

Yea, u can probably guess which company I work for, although its no secret.... :)

#10 Dave2000, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

the next generation phones are like the new sports cars for guys, overcompensates for other things :grin:

so who is it that has the most posts in that Iphone thread again?

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not really. At least not for me. The phone is nothing more to me than an MP3 player and a phone.

Most of my posts are updates on the iPhone that I read (from sites I regularly go on because I'm a tech person) and from helping people with whatever questions they had. Not like there's been any other interesting things this offseason yet anyway.

13. YaosDirtyStache

Anyone know of the touch screen texting is easy? I love my DROID because of its slide out keyboard...Ive never been in to touch screen texting for various reasons! Any insights? I may get this.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

defensive reply out of self-consciousness when name isn't even mentioned at all, didn't see that coming :grin:

15. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

My Incredible is on its way, week and a half left. Anyone know what the major differences between the two? Should I cancel the Incredible and wait?

16. Raven

Raven Member

But, but, but, it's not an iPhone.

;)

17. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

WTF. Why would they leave the incredible behind already?

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I just got my Incredible which is...incredible. But if I'm eligible to exchange it for the X within my 30 day grace period (I think?) I would consider it.

I'd like to test drive it first and hopefully all the kinks are worked out. Sounds like the Evo has a few problems out of the box, although that's just what I gather from reading review headlines. I think that hump could bother me too. Otherwise all the specs look great on this thing.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Oh ok. :)