1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Driving 65mph...and the steering wheel comes off...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In before it goes to the D&D... :p

3. Prince

Prince Member

Toyota is back.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Probably made in Mexico.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

She's even more lucky that those wires holding the wheel didn't short and pop the airbag. Every car I've ever removed a steering wheel from required a steering wheel puller to take it off after removing the center bolt.

They're supposed to be splined and not slip off the column. Looks like the center bolt never went on so the wheel wasn't pulled into the splines. That's a Friday car.

#5 Blurr#7, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: "American" cars, huh? LOL!

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't trust any cars made in the recent recession. Too many corners cut.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I hated the Cruze since it came out and was pimped on Hawaii 5-0 as the Honolulu PD cop cars...ain't no way any police department would purchase Cruzes :rolleyes:

There is one episode in which the bad guy in a Mustang gets caught by the Cruze :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

so i guess they give out awards to these cars like stickers to r****ds in kindergarten...

10. parmesh

parmesh Member

Made in America, with Mexican parts. Put that **** in neutral (LEARN WHAT NEUTRAL IS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PEOPLE) and hit those brakes!

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's been years since I worked in the automotive industry, but the writers I worked with always shook their heads when reviewing any GM car other than Cadillacs, Corvettes and high-end trucks. EDIT: I had great experiences with Corvettes especially, but it was mostly at the track. Not sure what the ownership experience is like.

Ever since, the term "build-quality" was stuck in my head from all the times they said or wrote that GM's was poor. They'd show me the seams and how they would join up (or often, not), point out rough edges inside the car, and so on.

Not to be hater, but I think GM has been cutting corners for a long time. The first 3 cars I owned were GM cars, and I never bought one after working at that job and watching so many of them come apart in testing, or at least have one writer point out a visible flaw in putting it together.

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

to be fair, a woman was driving.

1 person likes this.
  13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Its probably the other way around, made in Mexico with American parts. Part of the rationale of saving GM\Chrysler was so they didn't take their entire supply chain with them when they went belly up.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Tesla suing Top Gear for trashing their government-subsidized car.

http://www.nationalreview.com/planet-gore/264003/obama-backed-tesla-sues-its-critics-henry-payne

<object width="600" height="338" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="SFID1302561871564"><param name="movie" value="http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="FlashVars" value="&video=9109c379-489d-4315-84ae-9b75010d3227&servicecfg=386" /><embed src="http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf" flashvars="video=9109c379-489d-4315-84ae-9b75010d3227&servicecfg=386" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="600" height="338" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-reviews-tesla-roadster_206233.htm">Top Gear reviews Tesla Roadster</a></object>

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I believe the Cruze is built in the US and is based on a European/Opel platform. I think GM's improved their vehicles, but considering they were utter crap during the 80's and 90's, that's not saying much. Bob Lutz even said they were ashamed at what they were building back then. This is freaking pathetic. Good thing those people are alive.

I remember one of my friends driving his lowrider '68 Impala (yes, Hispanic) down South Main back in the early 90's and while doing 50, one of his wheels flew off. lol. At least you can say that was an old car. Not sure what defense there is for a Cruze with 1600 miles on it.

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How did they swerve to a stop without a steering wheel? This and the fact that it was supposed to be a grandmother, mother and baby make me think it's a BS story.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Buy a House get a free Chevy Cruze!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2011-03-27-spring-home-buying.htm

At the Sunset Ridge estates, the amenity bonanza gets even more surreal: Buy a customizable colonial for as little as $170,000 and get a brand new, $17,000 Chevy Cruze. The 2011 model. For free.

Spring for home sellers is like Christmas for retailers — peak season. Normally, that might mean a few giveaways. A better brand of siding here. An expanded choice of tile color there. But a new car? “Obviously, business has been soft,” says Kim Meier, president of KLM Homebuilders, the company offering the promotion.

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I sure hope no one was updating their Facebook status with the Chevy Cruze OnStar uplink

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol what

20. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

How are you going to get the house payments?....