1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Drive Thru Rage] Was I Wrong?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ras137, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Was I wrong?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    80.2%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

During lunch today My wife and I went to Chick fil-a at Hwy 6 and West Road and the line was very long, so long that I it wrapped around the store. We got in line and waited. After about 7-8 minutes we had reached the front of the store, and at the corner of it splits into 2 lanes. Coming off of Hwy 6 is an entrance. A black BMW pulls into the parking lot and pulls into the second lane, bypassing most of the line. I roll my window down and yell at the car that the line starts on the other side. She rolls her window down and says, "well that's why I waved you ahead" Apparently when she pulled in she apparently thought I was letting her in. I hadn't even noticed her until she pulled in front of me. So I yelled at her to get to the back of the line. She just shook her head and rolled up her window. Now I'm enraged. I lay into my horn and lay into it for at least 20 seconds. She doesn't move. My wife at this point is freaking out about me freaking out. I yell out "Get out of the line you *****ing b*itch". My wife tells me we have to go. I lay back into my horn for another 20 seconds trying to get her to move. At this point my wife is crying imploring me for us to leave. I finally pull aggressively out of line. Pull up beside the BMW flick them off and cuss at them some more (I believe I called her a "*****ing b*tch" again, I really need to work on cussing people out, but I very very rarely get enraged like that). My wife yells at me "There are kids about" which there was. There was a lady and her 3 kids within earshot in the parking lot. I take off angrily and pull into a Kroger parking lot, I'm literally quivering and my wife is still crying. I called the Chick Fil-A and asked them if they could get another person [they had another person out there making sure the drive thru exit was not blocked] out there to direct traffic because people are cutting in line. The manager said they would get someone out there. I wanted to tell him about the b*itch in the black BMW, but thought better of it. After about 5 minutes of trying to calm down we left and went to McDonalds.

A couple of things:Was I wrong to act the way I did? I know in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't all that important. But for somebody to cut in line and then when pointed out the cut to refuse to get out of line. A grown woman (early 30s my guess) acting that way is just insane to me. Even 2 hours later just thinking about her gets blood boiling.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Loco, calm down. You went overboard. You should go to hardcore pawn.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YES! You was not wrong to be angry but dude. . .you WENT THERE!!
    Not because of the lady
    but because of the kids and IMO more importantly your wife.

You were not 'wrong' but you did go too far . . . . overreaction.

Rocket River

4. amaru

amaru Member

Yes you were wrong.....so she cut off your chance to get fried food that is killing you slowly anyway. Sounds like she did you a favor until you went to the next greasy spoon.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Did you have a right to be angry?
    Yes.

Did you overreact?
    Yes.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, you went overboard. I mean, is screaming at someone over cutting in line for fast food worth making your wife cry? Clearly not. The BMW driver was a POS, but you took it way too far.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't understand where the gap came from that let her in front of you.

Did you snooze and lose? Tell us you didn't snooze and lose...dude.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

chick fil a ignites so much hate

9. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

YESers.
    This is why I hate people. Both you and the cutting lady.

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

When the line is long I just go inside and eat. **** it.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You went to Mickey Ds instead of chick fil-a. Yes you were wrong.

12. conquistador#11

13. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Holy overreaction, Batman.

14. Ras137

I don't think I snooze and lose. There was an SUV in front of me and I wasn't sure exactly when the line split into 2 and I wasn't going to go around him to find out I had gotten out of line.

It doesn't matter anyway I don't care if I was in a coma she should not have cut in line. Not just cutting in front of me but about the 10 cars behind me.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No, man. You didn't overreact at all :rolleyes:

16. Ras137

Good one, I do feel quite a bit like George Costanza today.

17. tharges

tharges Member

This could have gone tragically wrong, what if she had jumped out and kicked your ass in front of your wife? Plus i thought everyone was against chick fil a because the owner doesnt like gay people? On a serious note you made the right choice leaving, it could have gone another way. Learn to control your anger, its worth it bro, kiss your wife tell her you love her and hit a whataburger! Screw chick fil a!

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would have gotten out of my car, go up to the order window, and tell the worker than that BMW cut you in line and that they shouldn't serve her, and I'd stay not allowing her to order until she left the line.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Don't mess with the ladies....even though some be stupid sometimes. Don't be messin with kids, either, alright Mr. White. Yo! - Jesse

Chick Fil A is one hell of a drug.

20. Ras137

I did apologize to my wife for my reaction. Her being in the car probably made things worse. She got upset at me from the moment I started to get upset. Sure by the time I went to the "F*ucking B*tch" card, I could understand but just from me honking the horn she was freaking out. If I had been by myself I probably would have just laid into the horn until the BMW moved or somebody from chick fil-a came and asked me to stop (at which point I would have complained about the BMW).