1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexlerisms.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 7, 2007.

1. hairyme

hairyme Member

^^^ It wasn't random. Pay attention! Besides, Clyde says enough dumb stuff on his own -- you don't need to go reaching for stuff.

Tonight's gem (from memory):
    Bill: All these guys tape their ankles... Well, you didn't Clyde.
    Clyde: Well, that's because I didn't need to! I had strong ankles, heh heh.
    Bill: Huh?
    Clyde: I used to roller-skate....

(I took a lot of liberties with this one, but it's how I like to replay it in my mind, sorry.)

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I do not like a lot of Drexler's flatline comments, but what he said is true. I do a lot of cycling, more than what is recommended. Rollerblade and cycling have something in common in that, it build the leg muscles the right way instead of running which hurts it by the pounding to the floor. I have had a few Dragic type bend (a few games ago), but never limped for more than a few minutes. If you build consistent, lean muscle, it will reinforce the bone and it will strengthen the bone, result will be less injury unless it is freak in nature. I think if Yao had work more on his legs than his upper body build, he would have less problems with his feet. I find Drexler's point last night to be golden and worthy.

3. hairyme

hairyme Member

^^^ Oh, I wasn't trying to discount what he said. This one didn't fall under the category of "dumb stuff", but rather, it just seemed so random or out-of-left-field that I had a good laugh at it.

Though, perhaps if I was more aware of the point you made, then maybe I wouldn't have found it as funny...

4. tradebait

tradebait New Member

In a post filled with BS, whoever would've thought the comment about Clyde being right about something would be the most accurate point you made! I doubt that his rollerblading is what caused him to never need his ankles taped, it was probably Clyde being Clyde (incredibly gifted athletic specimen, didn't listen to people smarter than him telling him something) but rolling or whatever he said could be true.

Running doesn't build leg muscle the right way? Neither running or cycling is great for building leg strength; you need resistance. What you're talking about in the impact sense is something different, and real. But that's not what's at play here.

You've had the same type of ankle roll as an NBA player after 30 minutes of competition activity/stress? Were you also wearing high top shoes, had your ankles taped and possibly an ankle sleeve on? And you're roughly the same size and used same force application as the 6'3 ~190 pound Dragic? Maybe you're missing some ligaments down there then, or maybe you're talking outta your ass based on a zoomed out replay.

WTF is "consistent...muscle"? Never ending muscles? Would love to get some of those.

Cycling increases bone strength?

Quit giving out sports medicine advice and especially quit impugning the people in charge of Yao. It's disgusting after all of that nonsense you spouted you'd have the gaul to question the professional expertise of an organization that has the players' health the number one priority. And the same people that actually know the prescribed workout regiments for Yao.

On topic:
    "Here comes a high pick and roll" - the only play Clyde can identify.

1 person likes this.
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

This is normally before the team runs a completely different play.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bump. How about any time Dragic does something nice, Bill or Clyde say "Well, he learned from one of the best" or "You see a lot of Nash in his game", I'm sure Nash helped him, but he didn't teach him how to play basketball!

Or anytime that a left handed person scores they always state it like the the defending player is blind "He's left handed [insert name here]" it's like couldn't a left handed guy have just beat him on that play? Why does it have to be the only reason he scores is because the defender is so oblivious to the fact that he's left handed.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, so true. This poor guy's gonna spend the rest of his time here in Nash's shadow. Give the kid a little of his own credit. Hilarious.

8. conquistador#11

oooooh ooooh before i forget.
    last night after bullard mentioned camby only having one hand.
    drexler, "well, he has two hands but is only able to use one. HEHEHEHEHE"
    had me rolling for a couple of seconds.

9. Damion Laverne

10. lean

lean Member

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Watching the Heat game, first few minutes already two huge bombers:
    - "Does Patterson even know who Shane Battier is?" - Bullard explains he is the last Rocket to play alongside Shane. Drexler's response: "ow....ok"
    - "If the Rockets want to win the game tonight, they have to make shots." - Uhhh, YA THINK CLYDE ?! :confused: DO THEY ALSO HAVE TO SCORE MORE POINTS THAN THE OTHER TEAM? :grin:

12. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

"He's a competer."

"He shoulda' dunked that."

A guy might be shooting a 3ptr and I can imagine Clyde going, "He shoulda' dunked that!"

lol

13. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

"He should have dunked that, he would have had an easy layup"
    :confused:

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

"watch this from Nate Williams!"

Of course it was Nate Robinson...

15. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

He also said that Chicago couldn't win the game because there is NO 4 point play in the NBA...or something like that. The funny AND IRONIC part was the fact that Harden had ALREADY made a 4pt play earlier!

Poor Clyde... And I agree with the other poster, you can't dunk EVERYTHING Clyde....sheesh!

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Haha, you suckers with CSN are forced to listen to Drexler's inane commentary. :)

I, on the other hand, was able to comfortably sit in front of my computer and watch an online feed with the Bulls broadcast team instead. I can get used to this.

17. alcatrazpsycho

I like how Drexler doesn't hold back at knocking at Rockets. Here's one example from a few games ago.

Worrell: who's going be the playmaker with Lin on the bench?
    Drexler: Now THAT is the million dollar question...

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Give the ball down low to Yao, sh***t.

Still his best call ever.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep, he said that the Rockets earned this victory when the game wasn't over, in fact, many teams have come back to tie down 4 with 17 seconds left + the ball, which was when he said it.

20. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

hahahahaha.

This is my closest reaction to whenever Clyde says something ridiculous

[​IMG]