1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexlerisms.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 7, 2007.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Can we post Worrelisms here, too?

Just now: "Here comes the calvary!"

2. izeroi

izeroi Member

Is it just me or does it seem like Clyde is always talking down on Rocket players?

3. izeroi

izeroi Member

Bill: "And paterson wins the tip"
    Clyde: "that's pretty cool"

1 person likes this.
  4. imatexan

imatexan Member

It is just you, clyde doesn't actually ever put enough thought into what he says that he is consistently doing anything. He changes his mind based on the last play.

5. DJ

DJ Member

How did yall enjoy that conversation between Bill and Clyde at Parsons being a two-guard versus a 3? Like Clyde, I disagree with Bill when he said once he develops a more consistent 3-point shot he should play the two-guard. It was kind of funny how Clyde was not able to provide a legitimate rebuttal to Bill.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

We win the tip in overtime.

"That's pretty cool"

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Bill: Patterson with a new career high

5 min later

Clyde: Patterson having his best game of the season

Bill: of his career!

Clyde: I agree

Bill:
    [​IMG]

lol i dont know if clyde said 'i agree' but it was something along those lines

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ya think?

STFU. :mad:

Lol Bill is getting more and more angry these days at the Rockets. When Cousins got that uncontested offensive free throw putback Bill almost lost it. LMAO!

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

That play where bud went to the rim and got punched in the face basically and clydes like 'you gotta go up strong and finish that' i facepalmed and lol'd

Does clyde even watch the replays? hahaha
    you could literally miss the shot because somebody shot you and he'd be like....GOTTA DUNK THAT!

10. hairyme

hairyme Member

The best part of that conversation was as follows -- this is a rough transcription from memory:

Bill: If Parsons can develop his shooting, I could see him being a two-guard...[elaborates]
    Clyde: There ya go Bill, using those prepositions again!
    *Me: Huh? What prepositions did Bill use??*
    Clyde: If he does this, or If he does that...

Oh man, I died laughing. Someone please tell poor Clyde these are hypothetical or conditional statements. I really need to keep a notebook of these things and write'em down as the game goes on.

Then again, I hesitate to do so because half you guys will have a rage fest for every little comical thing he says. Seriously people, get a sense of humor!

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He reminds of the old guy from the 700 club (christian T.V.) that my grandma made me watch when I was little.

Completely irrelevant but true.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's not hard to imagine that a REAL professional broadcaster like Worrell just HATES to come to work every day knowing that he'll be paired with a doofus like Clyde who ads absolutely nothing to the broadcasts, and does do in an annoying way. I wonder who in the organization is in charge or deciding who the TV team is? Aren't they even paying attention??

13. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Nice that this r****d is given the flexibility to skip road games. Really, does he know Les' dirty secrets?

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Clyde is just living the life. He does not put any effort at all in preparing for his work, just shows up 10 minutes before the game starts, talks like an idiot on TV for 2 and a half hours while being able to watch the games courtside (something fans would love), and gets paid to do it.

Only works half the games and never has to go on the road. He's making more than most people working 60 hour weeks, while he barely works at most 10 hours per week.

You've gotta love it if you are clyde.

15. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Yup spot on. I still cannot believe Bill hasn't threatened management if they do not fire him I will walk. Coming in game after game after game, unprepared and not being able to call simple plays or know the players. I am guessing Clyde just relied on his talent more than anything when he played. He even admitted he didn't care about practice and just liked to put his head down and run. He must be the dumbest all-star ever.

16. Burko

Burko Member

What if Drexler and Worrell were paired intentionally to be polar oppposites of each other, with Worrell providing reasoned analysis and Clyde providing comic relief...

Would you guys feel bad about ragging on Clyde all year?

17. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I am waiting on the reasoned analysis from Bill...

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Clyde is to comic relief as Carrot Top is to actual comedy.

19. Burko

Burko Member

Man, if i knew who/what Carrot Top was then I'd be laughing along with you right now.

20. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

WTF why did Clyde bring up Kevin Love randomly?