1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexler: NOT a consummate professional?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 29, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was a joke about him calling people consummate professionals lighten up

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets legend Clyde Drexler is a Les Alexander guy, not a Tilman guy.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. So he genuinely prefers CP3's game to Russ's. Me, too -- just not last year's CP3, which we might have gotten for 3 more years.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. justtxyank

I'm not hating on him for whatever that's worth.

The tone of the interview was jovial and was actually kind of fun. I'm just shocked to hear a team employee so clearly disagree with the team. Isn't that rare? Normally they keep it to themselves amirite?

Deckard, D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

So basically...he disagrees with the fundamental foundation of both the Rockets and James Harden. How is he just now saying something about it 7 years later?

D-rock likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he was going for the “Rockets shouldn’t abandon the midrange shot as much as they do” angle then that’s 1 thing, but flat out saying that midrange shots are more efficient...c’mon Clyde, u should know better by now

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's just, what does "work" even mean? For me, it's a championship (because the rockets mortgaged their future for this). For others, it's synergy of Harden and WB. We all are operating on different definitions here. That's a BIG part of the problem.

BaselineFade and topfive like this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Ugh, dreaded double post. Sorry guys.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#49 J.R., Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Big Bum On the Westbrook trade
    Chris Paul is an old bum (big bum on payroll), who should be retired next summer. Westbrook can make it fly (so called chemistry). Westbrook is a quicker, stronger and better player.

Big Bum On modern NBA scoring
    The problem is not 3 point shooting, it is on efficiency. Morey has to give MDA better shooters. Curry, Klay and DLo are more efficient.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

for me, it primarily has to due with the synergy between Harden and Russ, and hopefully that can lead to a title

I can’t say Harden and CP didn’t work in 17-18 because it didn’t result in a championship

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Oh yeah! Who was the other one? Hakeem Olaja-whatever :)

Yeah, not a fan of his as an analyst. Heh, heh, heh.....

13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

No big deal. I've yet to hear a retired NBA player say they prefer the modern game.

clos4life, Pizza_Da_Hut and J.R. like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are such the attention w****.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

I'm not one to say 29 teams fail and 1 succeeds every season. That's not normally my MO. With how much we gave up to get CP3, followed by how much we gave to get WB, it's hard for me to not be a championship or bust fan. The rockets still have talent in Clark and House that could develop into special things, and if we get a double draft in the next three years that would go a long way to a rebuild, but when we put all our eggs in the championship basket it's hard to not be this way. Who knows, if WB and Harden look strong and show that Houston takes care of its stars, free agents could help bridge the Harden Era with the whatever comes next Era.

BigBum likes this.
  16. justtxyank

So if the Rockets win 60 games the next 4 years (each year), go to the WCF 3 times and lose in 7 each time to the Clippers or Lakers and then one of those years they get to the finals but lose in 7, the pairing 'didn't work'?

I'm negative on the pairing but that seems like a ridiculous standard to say it's either a championship or it "didn't work."

Did the Stockton/Malone pairing in Utah not work?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

same. I don't understand the logic of obviously being a legit championship contender as something that "didn't work". somethings obviously working if you're a top 5 offensive/defensive team

something that didn't work was billy king and the nets he tried to put together. or the lakers when they had dwight/nash etc. what minnesota is doing hasn't worked and isn't going to. melo/pg13/wb didn't work. melo in houston didn't work.

#57 YOLO, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Can't wait for Rockets champion, legend and sideline reporter Russell Westbrook to **** on Houston's acquisition of Malik Gugliotta in 24 years. Bill Worrell will still be play-by-play announcer.

CCity Zero, jboslett and justtxyank like this.
  19. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am with @Pizza_Da_Hut

Without defensive bench, this current team will be defeated by GS, Lakers or Clippers in the first or second round playoffs. With this type of bench, there is no chance to defeat healthy Clippers.

Currently no body can play defense in the bench. Do not rely on coach too much.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP you are wrong, the guy whose being interviewed is not Clyde.

That's the Clipper's color guy.