1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dress shirt thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox_fan_here, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Simple plain white or colored dress shirts that you wear with suit and tie, what is your brand of choice? Material? French cuff? Also, do you where with or without an undershirt?

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

White, I just take my dad's best white shirts, and no undershirt.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I go undershirt, but that was because when I waited tables i would get nip rub if I didn't.

4. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

White or light blue shirt. I have a few Banana shirts that I really like (100% cotton and slim fit). No cuffs. I wear an undershirt, especially in the summer; rather have the undershirt absorb the sweat.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I like the traveler, tailored non-iron shirts at Jos Bank. They have them on sale all the time from as low as 30 bucks. I even like them more than my Brooks Brothers shirts.

6. smokieethabear

I don't really care what kind of "thread" is used to make the shirt, as long as its comfy and fits nicely :grin:

7. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

i have about 7 white shirts that I wear for work. Def use an undershirt or your nips will be flaring.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Thank God I have inverted nipples.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Charles Tyrwhitt slim-fit shirts for me - ctshirts.com. I'm a 37in sleeve which is really tough to find in a proper fit.

Rarely wear a french cuff. Rarely wear an undershirt.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These don't fit as snug as I'd like but those suckers really don't need to be ironed.

11. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Definetly 2nd this...

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

definitely need an undershirt. V-neck for when you don't wear a tie, normal undershirt for when you do.

Under no circumstance should you ever wear a wife-beater under your dress shirt -- especially a white shirt that you can kind of see through to notice you're wearing a wife beater.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I used to buy my shirts in stores but then it seemed like everybody stopped carrying plain 36" sleeves. They have the 36"-37" which is too blousy and 34"-35" which are too short. So I just started ordering my shirts from Paul Frederick simply because they carried the right sleeve length. Usually get no iron broadcloth, straight collar with buttoned sleeves. I wear an undershirt. The white shirts are too sheer to wear without one or the nips show through and I wear them with colored shirts as well to avoid pit stains, though I might wear a V neck with those if going tie-less.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Depends on what you like for your style, what your job is and what color suit.

For example, I don't own a white shirt. I have a variety of silvers, blues, pinks, tans, and other colors instead. And because my suit is charcoal, they all work well with it.

Also since I tend to work with children, I can get away with having color.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Non iron, button down Brooks Brothers if I'm not wearing a jacket. If I'm wearing a jacket, I prefer the french cuff with a regular collar.

16. Voice of Reason

I always wear a colored dress shirt, and match my tie to the shirt. Doesn't matter what brand as long as it has long sleeves and is wrinkle free. I have to wear a v-neck undershirt or else I would sweat all over my dress shirt.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I have no idea. I buy whatever looks good at JCPenny.

I do wear an undershirt.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Tommy Hilfiger dress shirts. They aren't flashy and only cost a couple bucks at Macy's when there crazy sales come around. 100% cotton, spread collar, slim fit, regular cuff. I like the many styles they have too, but usually go with styles/patterns that you can only see close up but look like a solid color far away (gingham and thin striped). And the fit is perfect for me without much tailoring; the shoulder seam hits right at my shoulder while the sleeves of the 36-37 sits perfectly at my wrist.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hugo Boss is my preference although I'm cool with any brand that is fitted (Banana, Express, etc). You can pick up Boss shirts at Saks Off and get them tailored to your size.

No undershirt of course. Wife beater if it's cold.

20. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

You mean like this?

[​IMG] :grin: