1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dreaming Again - Hakeem Returning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Apr 1, 2008.

1. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I am against signing Hakeem. But I'd sign Akeem in a heart beat!

2. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I agree, just watch the video.

<embed src='http://www.brightcove.tv/playerswf' bgcolor='#FFFFFF' flashVars='initVideoId=909894375&servicesURL=http://www.brightcove.tv&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://www.brightcove.tv&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&autoStart=false' base='http://admin.brightcove.com' name='bcPlayer' width='486' height='412' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' seamlesstabbing='false' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' swLiveConnect='true' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash'></embed>

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem Olajuwon never played in Toronto...
    [​IMG]

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I guess I should be shocked. But Dream seems to have been in attendance at TC more than any recent time I can recall. Wonder what Les said to him? Dream is very humble but was there something about watching Deke that stoked some old competitive juices?

At any rate, I'm betting this board (once again) gives Morey all the credit when it was probably Les and Deke.

Anybody have a timetable?

5. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

this is great news and the timing of it all is perfect. :D

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

If only for just a brief moment, at least the GARM is back to normal now whilst all the rookies have been put in check :D

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I want to buy his new jersey when it comes out. My god this is amazing.

More Yao and Hakeem Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Nero

Nero Member

I think the thing people are not realizing is just how well Olajuwon would fit in Adelman's system. If everyone remembers, Olajuwon was an EXCELLENT high-post passer, and was always outstanding on the pick-and-roll. Remember how many times we saw Cassell, Smith and Maxwell running that sweet pick and roll to perfection with Hakeem, must have been like ten times every game. And he averaged, what, 4.3 assists per game? As the Rox were essentially running Rudy's own variation of the Princeton Offense anyway, with all the same back-cutting and flexibility that Adelman has installed (and that JVG abandoned! :mad: ), he should be able to step right in and not miss a beat, much the same way that BJ has done.

Once again, Morey pulls a rabbit out of his hat! Bravo!

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WE can Dream.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Are we better with Olajuwon than with Yao?

I think so...

Hakeem is probably still more mobil than Yao, he can keep Amare in check when they go small and he can punish him in the post. I like our chances of winning it all. It's on him.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Nah look at Hakeems production last year he was with the Raptors and subtract llike 50 percent or more from all his numbers.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hey all the haters...don't be buzzkills. :mad: :rolleyes:

I am beyond excited. Chalk me up for a Hakeem jersey in the new colors.

10 minutes a game never hurt any old man. The opposing center will be so in awe of Hakeem's greatness they won't see the Dinosaur-Dreamshake coming. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Morey's a genius.

13. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I disagree on that, but I think he can still contribute in a big way. Dream has the heart and charisma to help our team in intangible ways, whether it's helping tutor the rookies, or getting a few rebounds and shotblocks in the paint.

He's not going to play very many minutes, but I think his impact on the court will be tremendous. Plus, he still has some moves in his offensive arsenal unlike Deke.

I remember that he played with Calvin recently at a charity auction game, he seemed pretty fluid and mobile going up and down the court. Obviously it's going to take some time for him to get back into NBA condition, but he's been doing a very good job of maintaining his body.

I for one think this is great for Houston and the Rocket's organization.

What a year, when the improbable happens. Let all the non-believers eat crow when we win the championship.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

lol...what a boost. dream and deke = twin towers

15. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

what a great start to April!!! :eek: ;)

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Until pryuen confirms this with additional pictures and bright red fonts it sounds too good to be true.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I can't tell which of these posters are serious or being cute.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Will we see this again?

19. Lazy McGrady

Lazy McGrady Member

im checking the site and everwhere to see if any news breaks...no luck. i hope this is not a joke..

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

He plays almost daily at Lifetime, Im sure he is in great condition. But unfortunately we are going to have to scrap plans for that statue in front of TC

:D