1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dreaming About Next Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Apr 23, 2009.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

Detroit will most likely break up their team next year. Should we trade TMac's contract for Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton? This would dramatically help our team. It would give us even better shooting, defense and more guys to go to. From there, I think we would just let Artest walk. Then we would need to get a backup center for Yao.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58730/20090423/raptors_interested_in_prince/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1) There's still basketball to be played THIS YEAR. Can we wait a little before discussing the offseason?

2) I'd rather make do what we can next year and let TMACs contract expire.

3. WillG

WillG Member

Why would we want prine when we have battier already?

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I agree with Cannonball.

I'm not going to tell people what they can and can't post, but I personally don't care to be reading about and discussing the off season yet.

Why not save this material until summer when there is nothing...going on...at all?

Just my $.02

5. chasingu

chasingu Member

How about Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich from Chicago Bulls, a great go-to guy with fantastic touch from downtown and a decent starting PG with high basketball IQ, who can run offense well and won't be a disadvantage when face with those D-Wills.

6. iRonRon

iRonRon Member

Ben Gordon is a role player, nothing more. And Kirk Hinrich? The guy is not as great as people on here make him out to be

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Anything can happen next year but trading McGrady's contract won't be easy. At the beginning of the season,Tracy had quite a bit of value after his showing in the playoffs against the Jazz. The injuries have reduced it to only salary cap relief. A team like the Pistons may not be looking to blowing up things. They have AI and Rasheed coming off the books. McGrady may be of limited value to them.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Deserves 1 star.

Are we not balls deep in a very promising playoff series gents?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't get why talking about offseason stuff at this time bothers people. It's no less relevant to talk about now as it was 3-4 months ago.

There's only so many topics that we can touch on with this playoff series, and there are a lot more off days.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm as nervous as a cat. All I can think about is getting past the Blazers to the second round. While I enjoy off-season speculation as much as the next fellow, it doesn't engage my interest, not right now!

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Personally, it's not that it bothers me...but more like Deckard said, it just doesn't interest me at all considering we're in the middle of a heated series. If it were up to me (and it's obviously not) I would have a temporary sub forum during the playoffs where people can talk about off season items.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

People forget how looooooong and deadly boooooooring the off-season truly is... save this thread for when there is nothing going on.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

maybe because they're not the same type of player...

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It's hard to imagine McGrady's massive expiring contract won't be very attractive to several teams next season but it's way too early to begin speculating. Who knows who will be available by then and what McGrady will be able to give us if and when he returns? I think this will be a very interesting discussion in about 6 months.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think there's too many variables up in the air that all have been talked about, so its just very repetitive right now. Usually you have more certainty going into the offseason when it comes to your big name players, who's tradeable, who's not, who should be back who wont.....this offseason 2 of our top 3 have all sorts of questions surrounding them. What happens to ron will affect what happens to tmac. How and when tmac comes back also affects what we do with him. At that point our discussion can be more specific and realistic, right now there's too many possiblities and outcomes, so i guess posters get tired of random guesses over and over, most of which have been covered this season already.

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

We don't need to hoard more defensive SF. We alreay got Batman and Tru Warier.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's weird how everyone was assuming tmac wouldnt be back until around midseason, maybe even until the playoffs, but in his interview this week he said he expects to be ready for TRAINING CAMP, that's a big difference. Hopefully he is, it'll gives the team more time to sort things out.

18. Emma

Emma Member

STFU, T-mac will come back healthy next year and he's still a top 5 scorer in the league.

19. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

I think its definitely too early to star with trade talks. Too many things can change from here until the offseason. Players on other teams may or may not become available depending on what happens in the playoffs.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

ron's not a lock to return, shane is on the older end of houston's core, so even as a battier fan i'd prefer prince since he's got all around skills and is almost 2 years younger than shane. Rip also fits well here since he's a good shooter and runs off picks very well, we could use both greatly around Yao, as much as tmac brings when healthy, he's not going to feed off of yao to the fullest and i sure dont want the offense revolving around tmac.