1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dream will not make the next road trip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETBOOSTER, Jan 18, 2001.

1. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Apparently, Dream will not be traveling with the team to Goldenstate, yet, Carrol Dawson while looking very sincere an distraught, basically is saying the same things he did last night: I love Hakeem...I cant imagine him in another uniform...blah blah blah. But the guy looked damned serious, or, either he's one hell of an actor.

Whatever man, this is looking more and more like a Dream sabotage.

BTW, this was on the local news source here in Houston.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited January 17, 2001).]

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well if it's a sabotage Dream sabotaged himself. Demanding to be waived/traded in the media = taking responsibility for your own actions. Dream is a grown man, he knows right from wrong. Coming out with that statement in the media was WRONG!

------------------
    If Megatron can become Galvatron, why can't Rocks2001 become RocksMillenium?

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

HE DIDN'T DEMAND A TRADE OR WAIVER TO THE MEDIA! HE SAID HE WANTED TO HELP THE TEAM! Read his quotes.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hakeem has done this before, when he faked the hamstring injury.

He is just mad, he will come around.

I say play him till he drops.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

5. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Yeah, Rockets millenium, hearing that, and noticing the sincerity within Cd's facial muscles when he mentioned how he does not want to trade dream...to me CD looked slightly tormented...dudes probably had one of those days...I dont know, maybe Cd's a sly fox himself, but he did seem genuinely upset. So, I'm assuming Cd hasn't been hanging around Harrison Ford's personal studio and that Hakeem, right now, is causing him to lose hair while adding wrinkles.

------------------

6. RocksMillenium

Maybe Dream didn't come out and say "Trade me or waive me or else", but he gave them two options, trade him or waive him. He didn't say "I would like to work this out" or anything, he came out and wanted to be waived or traded. How is this the Rockets fault? Sometimes you don't have to say the word "demand" to demand something.

------------------

7. RocksMillenium

I agree Rocketbooster, it's just weird timing. To come out with this in the middle of the season, in the playoff hunt, when the team is starting to play better. Just all-around messed up timing, and CD is probably freaking out.

------------------

8. Rockeem

Rockeem Member

Dadak,
    Hakeem did not fake any injury so don't say shtt like that if you respect the man. Also Dream is a changed man since and a more honest and sincere man than I have ever met.

------------------

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Is this cause he is not off IR or has RT/Cd pulled a Sloan on Ostertagg and suspended him for the trade statement???????

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

10. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Smeggy Smeg,

hmmmm...interesting. No doubt, No sheet- taking-Sherlock, is down in his basement, as we speak, observating, deducting, and eliminating the most common hypothesis.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited January 18, 2001).]

11. OT

OT Member

As stated in today's paper, in the past the Rockets generally want a player coming off IR to have one or two good practices before they return to the line up. Dream has not had those one or two practices yet.

------------------

12. DaneB

DaneB Member

If we would have know that this would happen, we could have traded him to the Raptors and received McGrady instead of Christie, along with Webber and those two lottery picks.

------------------
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/houstonrockets2000

13. DaneB

DaneB Member

Dream should be traded to the Hawks for Dikembe.

Hawks Not Moving Mountain - Hawks GM Pete Babcock said that center Dikembe Mutombo probably will stay with the team for the rest of the season. Babcock acknowledges having trade talks abourt Deke, a free agent at the end of the season, but none was good enough to consider. Babcock said he does not believe anything will improve before the Feb. 22 trading deadline. 'We've had numerous conversations, but I can honestly say to you that I have not had one single talk that would have led to a trade involving Dikembe Mutombo,' Babcock said. 'Not one. And it's my gut feeling right now that Dikembe
    will finish the season with us.' Mutombo recently echoed those same thoughts, despite overt overtures from Phoenix, NY, and Portland to name just a few of Deke's suitors.

------------------
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/houstonrockets2000

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

The Suns have more to offer than Miami. I would trade Dream straight up for C. Robinson.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.