1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dream MMA matchup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Joker, May 11, 2010.

1. The Joker

The Joker Member

With the current MMA superstars, what matchup would you pay most to see?
    Obvious answer would be GSP vs Anderson Silva, and Fedor vs Brock, but I would love to see Wanderlei vs Anderson Silva. Even tho the axe murderer is old, this is a fight I have always wanted to witness.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Fedor ripping off lesnar's head wold make me happier than anything. Rampage vs Spider could be good.

3. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Wanderlei is only 33 years old the last time I check and silva is 34.

4. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Aldo vs Penn, assuming B.J.'s able to get the strap back from Frank Edgar, and we didn't just see the beginning of the end for him. Sadly, don't think Aldo would be able to put on enough weight quick enough to make lightweight, but I'd love to actually see his BJJ against the Prodigy, and he's a dangerous enough striker that B.J. should have to get his head out of his ass and try to take the fight to the ground, like he should have against Edgar.

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

This.

Also, GSP vs. Nick Diaz.

6. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

The beat down he got from Crocop probably decreased his MMA lifespan. He'll never be the same.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Fighter old, Wand's had like 15 more fights and his style leads to lots more hits being taken. Personally I was really looking forward to Belfort v Silva.

8. Asian Sensation

Damn this would be a really good matchup. Diaz's boxing/punching would give GSP a run for his money if they stay standing but I bet GSP would take Diaz down at will with his wrestling and his strength would keep the fight on the ground thus making it a boring.

9. Asian Sensation

Belfort v. Silva would be really good and I was looking forward to that as well. Belforts quick hands might be able to actually catch Silva.

Here's 2 fights I always wanted to see for a long time that are going to happen:

Carwin vs. Lesnar
    Evans vs. Rampage

10. Wakko67

Rampage vs evans will be a good one as will the Carwin/lesnar bout. I'm pulling for Rampage and Shane Carwin.

As far as I heard, Silva is fighting Belfort after he fights Sonnen.

11. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

If he beats both sonnen and and belfort, i hope he moves to 205 after that. A lot of great matchups there. I could see him moving to 205 after he beats sonnen if shogun still has the belt.

12. Asian Sensation

I'm pulling for Rampage and Shane Carwin as well. I think Carwin will KO Lesnar and I Effing hate Evans but I honestly think he can and will beat Rampage. Sucks cause I like Rampage a lot but while he's been doing movies, partying and pulling mad trim I bet Evans has been training his ass off.

13. Wakko67

The time off is the only way I see Rampage losing. You're right, it'll come down to how focused he is. I don't like Evans, but am also not sold on him being all that great. Looking at his accomplishments in retrospect, they don't seem all that impressive.

-He barely beat an old Ortiz.
    -Caught Chuck on the end of his career (at the time the victory was slightly more impressive).
    -He beat an average fighter in Forrest (I like him, but he's more heart than talent).
    -He out wrestled Thiago, but got handled by him in the end. If that fight had gone another 20 seconds, Thiago would've taken him.
    -He got destroyed by Machida.

I really don't think he has the skill of Rampage. Aside from the flukey loss to Forrest and subsequent meltdown, Jackson was starting to look real good. Maybe not unbeatable, but close. Like you said though, I hope he is focused. Given his feelings for Rashad, I think he may be. I pity that foo!

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Rampage Jackson vs. Brock Lesner

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

-_-... not even in the same weight class.. Lesnar is TOO BIG compared to Rampage.

Fedor vs Lesnar is the one I want to see.. Fedor is the best and his skill will make up for his lack of size. I think this one could very well go either way.

16. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Nick Diaz VS. GSP
    Frank VS. Ken Shamrock
    Genki Sudo VS. BJ Penn
    Shogun VS. A. Silva

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cain Velasquez vs. Brock

Cain is a BEAST

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you think fights on the ground are boring, maybe MMA isn't the sport for you. Perhaps you should look up a sport called "boxing." In that version of combat you are required to stand and punch the entire time. This seems like it might suit you better. If you are looking for something more intense than boxing, perhaps try a sport called "kick boxing." It is similar to boxing in that you have to stand and bang the entire time, but you can also use your legs. Hence the addition of "kick" to the name of the combat sport.

19. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

Lesnar vs Cushing?

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

silva v shogun
    silva v jon jones
    fedor v silva @220
    brock v carwin (carwin is gonna smash him)
    fedor v brock (even though i think carwin is gonna smash brock for some reason this match up is soooo much more interesting cause brock is a dick)
    fedor v any other top fighter close to his weight in the ufc
    aldo v penn

i'd like to see gsp v diaz but i think it would be a boring fight since gsp would take him down non-stop.