1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dream is out at least a month......but this could be a blessing in disguise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 29, 1999.

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cato will get the starts he needs and this offense should open up.I love Dream and all,but we all now get to see this team take off.The Rockets will probably make some minor move but the most important thing to come out of this is that FINALLY the lane will open up!Chuck has already shown his willingness to hit the boards and adapt.Let the drivers speed down the lane and Francis and Anderson strut their stuff!I look for many wins this month.When Dream comes back he can move out and bust those J's plus rebound.Rogers will have a chance to blossom at the 3 and 4.Plus he may see some time at the 5,once in awhile.I'm optimistic about this season even more than ever now and while I hate to see him go down,in the long run this could be a BIG positive.He should come back strong and be rested for the end of the season.We will IMO be in the playoffs and this is just going to make this team better then. HH

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I tend to agree w/your post , I too hate to see Dream go down but it really should help the running game and it should help Shandon become more of an influence on the offensive game.... we need to get him going and Rudy needs to take advantage of him , he is being wasted a la PIP......

3. popeye

popeye Member

OakMallet:

I would have been happier to have him healthy but sitting down,than home nursing an injury.

I know this sounds trite and maybe repetitious, but the "threat" or the "danger of a game stopper" a star(even an aging one)player brings to the game is sometimes more important than his season stats. The missing ingredient to Hakeem is the number of times players have to change shots, stop from driving to the basket, or making you honest under the net.

Just having him on the bench ready to play, changes opponents matchups, game plans, etc...

But I sure do agree with your assumptions. Gives the guys a lot of opportunity to shine. I also anticipate one or two more loses in December than originally thought. This makes New York, LAC and Vancover tougher wins(and possibly loses) than before the announcement, IMHO.

Cheers.

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Since the moment he was made the 1st selection in the draft, some 16 years ago, never had I ever imagined that a day would come that fans would applaud his subtraction from the team. [​IMG]

I feel ashamed of myself for feeling this way, but I too think we might just be a better team without the Dream. Again [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by thacabbage (edited November 29, 1999).]

5. chinese

chinese Member

But I hold a ticket of Rockets at NJ
    at Dec 11th and my favorite player
    is our Dream... this is the only game
    they scheduled to play in NJ.
    A little bit disappointed.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

This will be a major test for Cato. He should get tons of minutes, especially until T-Mass is at 100%. He looks like a defensive stud and looks impressive at times on the offensive side (the O-rebound to tie the game, and his cutting with Chuckie in the post). Hopefully with more minutes he will become more of a force.
    Key is to stay out of foul trouble. We on't have much depth behind him.
    This will be an excellent look into our future over the next few games (or possibly up to a month)!

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I think we need to get another center. Sign him for like a 10 day contract.

WHy if Cato gets in foul trouble. Then Massenburg has to play center? Isnt he injured? And besides that is not his normal position.

Then what would we do.. BRING OUT THOMAS HAMILTON!

Why dont we get Rony Seikley, Didnt he get waived or something?

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since stepping foot on the U.H. campus,Dream has been and always will be my favorite player by a mile w/M.J. and Magic a distant second.It was not easy for me to post this,but I just feel this is best for us right now.Hopefully,when he is healthy,Dream will move right back into his starting spot and accept the role of popping jumpers,rebounding,and playing great defense.

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 29, 1999).]

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I said this right after the Portland game, in my post...Hakeem Injury a positive.

I am hoping Hakeem pays attention and comes back and blends in, rather then demanding the POST up offense.

DaDakota

"Darryl Dawkins is available in the CBA...Chocolate Thunder lives"

[​IMG]