1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond green, system player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 1, 2016.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

If Green were officiated the way Dwight was officiated, he'd barely see the floor since he would constantly be in foul trouble

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

to be fair, many teams passed on Green, including GSW twice...

Morey has the right idea though, which is a credit to him. He's been drafting tweener multi skilled forwards for as long as I can remember.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Green is absolutely, positively, 100% NOT a system player.

Watch the Warriors play. You'll "get it".

Second best player on that team.

4. BackdoorHarden

through 4 games

24 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 3 3's, 48% from 3's

I doubt anyone in the history of the NBA will ever put up those numbers through 4 games.

SYSTEM PLAYER ALRIGHT

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Curry gets all the limelight, but to me, Draymond Greens defense including

back to back blocks in the 4th quarter, and back to back steals in OT was what won them the game.

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

No I'm not. You can't be a top player if I can't start a team with you. If he's the best player on your team, your team is trash.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

BTW for the playoffs so far

18 points, 10.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 2 blocks, 1.3 steals, 2.3 TO

45% shooting, 42.5% from 3

Pretty ridiculous.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I mean did you not watch the playoffs this year when Draymond Green was taking over games while Curry was out, including the Rockets?

I'm beginning to think a team of Draymond Green and a few good shooters could be a 50 win team.

9. BackdoorHarden

I'm sure most team would take this piece of trash.

Draymond Green- He ain't even that good

10. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Are you seriously using this rockets team as an example? They'd make anyone look good. As I said before, if he's the best player on your team, your team is trash. Let some team trade for him thinking he's a star lol.

11. houtown

houtown Member

He is possibly the token black man in a predominately white/mulatto organization.

12. BackdoorHarden

At least on this Warriors team with light skin media favorite players Klay and Curry

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

50 wins over TWO seasons, right?

14. Asian Sensation

I hate him. I don't wanna think he's a superstar or deserving of the Max. His game is ugly and the way he does things isn't smooth and certainly not pretty but damn is it effective.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I truly believe it. If there was ever a poor man's version of Lebron James it's Draymond Green and even that makes him pretty damn rich. He's obviously not nearly as athletic or naturally talented in terms of skill set but the ability to understand the game and make the game easier for his teammates is just like Lebron. The way he can run the floor and lead the break, rebound, block shots, find the open man and get the ball to them in the right place at the right time, ability to defend multiple positions, post, hit the 3 when needed etc.

He brings a lot of the same same qualities as Lebron. Just not as athletic, fast, aesthetically pleasing or explosive. Lebron is to 911 GT3 RS as Draymond is to Cayman. Still a porsche and a nice one at it. Plus that Cayman been adding on mods though and it's improving its track time.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's the token poor on a team full of richie rich daddy's boys. All he ever wanted was a trust fund like everyone else.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I just can't fathom how anyone can not like Draymond, Steph, Klay or anything Warriors related.

Other than jealousy. Which is fine.

I'm jealous as all heck of that team.

But game is game. Them dudes are nasty nasty great. I'd be ecstatic if this was the team I rooted for daily. And I'd have absolutely no problem with their attitude or cockiness level - which frankly isn't very high considering what they do.

I mean as impressive as Steph was the back to back blocks and the steals by Draymond are right there. He blocked two would be dunks in a row without fouling. Both blocks I believe led to scores, and I think one was a three. You're taking about a 9 point swing there. 4 the Blazers didn't get, and 5 the Warriors did.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much this on what DG did at the end of the game. very much overlooked by the 17 in 5 mins by steph

18. JayZ750

Yeah... and the blowhards complaining about how Draymond is treated by the refs are barking up the wrong tree.

There is one area where I do agree, and that's the way he'll "seem" to go at a ref pretty aggressively when he is called for a foul at least once a game. It is hard to understand why he doesn't get t'd up more often... but that's a minor point... he does get them occasionally.

Because otherwise its just really really really good defense.

Klay, too. Klay got called for a foul against Lillard in overtime last night that was just as good, straight up man to man defense as you'd fine, and there was no foul really... so the Warriors also get some bad calls, too.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

As far as DG and his aggressive reactions, I believe a lot has to do with that's who he is as a player and has established himself to be night in and night out. So what may be seen as over aggressive isn't anything out of the ordinary for him. So that has much to do with his leash being a little longer towards the refs in those situations compared to someone who is normally quiet then all of a sudden just blowing up. Hes just an easy target to criticize but anyone around here that complains about him but defends our very own beverley should realize theres something not right about that.

20. JayZ750

Right, well there is difference in how Bev and Draymond react to the refs. Bev doesn't go to refs like that.

But generally your right, although I don't think it "being who he is" is a valid excuse for someone having more leash.

It might be true... but I think what is also probably more true is that how he looks on tv probably doesn't match up exactly to what he is saying. He's likely being aggressive as he goes over but he does get right to that line and not go over it, seemingly... whereas Livingston for example certainly went right past it last night... though i thought the ref did a bad job kicking him out, the one T was enough and the ref should have walked away and/or made it clear to Livingston that he was about to get ejected first before just doing it.