1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green rants that players are not treated well enough

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets4Life13, Feb 16, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Any chance Rockets can shut down Wall for the season so he can be healthy next year?

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

players are also severely underpaid. the corporate man holding down the blek man yet again.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

JJ Redick on his @OldManAndThree podcast re: trade to Dallas from NOLA:

- Says he made a trade request in November before the season
    - Around the time of Jrue trade
    - Knew what was coming with Stan's defensive schemes
    - Had convos with Griff and Trajan.
    - If family came to NOLA, kids would have to quarantine for a week when they got back to Brooklyn
    - Says Griff basically told him, "Come down for a month, if you still want out, I give you my word, I'll get you to a situation you like"
    - Had 4 convos after this directly w Griff

Redick: "Obviously, he did not honor his word."

- Says his understanding once after he wasn't traded at aggregate deadline was that he was going to get a buyout or traded to a team in the Northeast

Redick: "I look at the buyout situation not as Oh I'm going to get bought and go to Brooklyn. I just wanted to be able to, on an off day, go see my family and be within driving distance."

@talter asks "Why should any player trust this organization"

Redick: "I don't think you're going to get honesty from that front office, objectively speaking. That's not an opinion, I just don't think you're gonna get that. I don't think what happened with me is necessarily an isolated incident. I think front offices around the league operate in their best interest. I get that. I understand that. Truthfully... I think I was a little naive thinking I was in Year 15 and I attempted to do things right throughout my career but in terms of this front office, yeah, it's not something where I would expect certainly the agents who worked on this with me to ever trust that front office again."

- Says he was "jarred" by the trade; says Mavs weren't one of the teams that had been discussed
    - Told Cuban: "In any other year, I'd be thrilled to get traded to Dallas."

Redick shouts out several members of the organization for giving him a great experience while he was in New Orleans.

sirjesse likes this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Its not anyones fault but his own that he eats at Subway when he can afford the French Laundry.

[​IMG]

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I've always maintained that buyouts are stupid because they have no basketball benefit other than "fostering good will with the agents". I guess now we'll see if New Orleans takes a hit for choosing to do what's best for them.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to agree with Draymond here, players are treated badly, they get punched in the throat, scratched in the eye, kneed in the plums, undercut on three pointers by Draymond Green all the time.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Every player is asking to be sent to where they want to go.

Why don't we just scrap the whole system and make the NBA one big pick up game league. Let the players form their own teams. Let them choose whatever city they want to represent.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You mean why don't we just have New York, LA and Miami so all of the players can play in destination cities and then give them all trophies so they can all be the winners? FUN!

Easy likes this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Umm, no. The following sports are more popular than soccer in America: Football, Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing. It is harder to compare soccer to things like Boxing, MMA, Tennis, etc. where there is no professional league with a regular schedule and local teams. Hell, basketball already ranks behind football in television viewership and behind motorsports in attendance, and soccer is not close to those. Soccer is a popular spectator sport in countries that don't have NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (for some reason). Americans care about soccer during the world cup if team USA is playing well, and outside of that we have the sad MLS.

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Holy **** Draymond Green is a mouth breathing moron.
    First he blames the women for not doing enough to improve their situation, then he just hand waves away people who couldn’t make the change not doing so bc they are going to claim revenue is the problem. News flash d******d revenue is the problem. And it’s not bc Lebron has told his story a million times and we don’t know Sue Byrd’s story, it’s because, literally, nobody wants to watch Sue Byrd because it’s a grossly inferior profit to Lebron James and that’s the way of the world.
    Women’s sports are a niche thing (outside of maybe tennis which I think actually has pretty similar I’d not better viewership and ticket numbers). It will likely always be that way bc men are your typical sports fans and they aren’t interested in spending lots of money or time in minor league/developmental/women’s sports (unless they have some personal hook), so the money won’t ever be there. me hen your target base for fandom is lesbians, prepubescent girls and fathers wanting to show their daughters an example of the best of women’s sports you are, by definition, dealing with a niche product.
    hey Draymond you ****ing moron- the women have actually played their hands as well as possible pushing their agenda through the media, blackmailing sports leagues and getting television airtime completely and totally outsized based upon the size of their market and still it doesn’t work bc nobody ****ing cares and the revenue isn’t there.
    It’s not some sort of excuse by the masters of the universe to keep down the women and it’s not a failing on the women’s part to tell their story adequately or make changes as possible.
    Draymond should be thankful every night he was born with a penis and 6’9” bc if he has to make his living based upon using his wit or his sense he’d starve to death. He’s the most annoying kind of human being there is (and proof it’s not just a white privileged thing) the dude that confused his natural advantages given to him by god with something he’s earned and is entitled to.