1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green just said Harden may go back to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Best case scenario he could be for the Rockets what Chris Paul was for the Suns. We're a couple years earlier than the Suns in their development arc though. Green is two years away from dreaming he could be as good as Booker; Jabari is two years away from dreaming he can approach Bridges, and we don't even own our draft picks the next three years to hope for an Ayton type.

Still, if you give a team to have another shot at the 2020-2022 Suns, I think they'd take it. Once you are a 1 seed and able to get to the Finals, anything can happen.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

his role with Philly right now is CP3 with Phoenix

If he came back to the current rockets regime it would be CP3 in OKC

unless he forces managements hands into flopping all the assets for win-now stars and vets

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Correct, we're in great position in the rebuild. Why doesn't Stone get more credit though?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont know this "culture" is so bad will James be able to deal with it? :rolleyes:

Corrosion likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Stone will take a beating until that cap space becomes available and he uses it well. In the meantime, we have a roster full of young dumbasses whose lame-duck coach is in over his head and wondering where his next job will be.

I am starting to wonder if Stone has a pretty good idea of who's coming here in the summer. Patience is difficult during the wait; our team looks like a "monkey f***ing a football" (Bull Durham quote, I think).

6. BamBam

BamBam Member

Iko says 70% probability of a Harden Part Deaux?o_O

Would buying a minority stake in a strip club prior to the offseason be a nobrainer?!?

Asking for a friend...;)

Go Rockets!!!

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd say at least 100. That seems reasonable.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Y2JT likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If it's true Harden could return next season, I sure hope the following:

1. That he gets a ring with Philly this year (and I think that's a long shot).
    2. That he's okay with backing up Josh Christopher.

10. albuster

albuster Member

I am just wondering what Harden will provide as far as getting a championship for the Rockets is concerned. He was with the Thunder, the Rockets for a significant time, then the Nets, and now the Sixers. He has not led any of these teams to the NBA finals so what do fans expect him to do with the Rockets again? Do we want the team to improve toward a championship or do we just want to have the situation with Harden all over again? How are the Sixers doing with him even with Embiid?

11. TimDuncanDonaut

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Because of their record people can't see the vision that Stone laid out from day one.

The current players might not have progressed like we (he) had hoped but the plan is still heading in the right direction. It's a multi-faceted rebuild and we're just getting to the end of phase 1.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won't be, he at least needs another month with Lil' baby.

[​IMG]

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We would like to win more. Three years of tanking is enough. I'm not even wanting to go to the playoffs, I'm just asking for some actual improvement on the court along with the young kids learning good manners.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would take that for Wemby in a heartbeat.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Much older than that, my grandfather used to say that when I was a kid back in the 60's.

f**k I'm old.

AroundTheWorld and harold bingo like this.
  17. King1

King1 Member

Culture isn't terrible with KPJ gone. Hopefully Silas and Stone join him

18. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

Play PG and help these youngsters develop, attract quality free agents, hit step back 3s, make the Rockets enjoyable to watch again. That's just off the top of my head.

Dobbizzle and Denovo like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

be the bridge necessary for kids to learn how to win and develop. And he happens to play the position the rockets absolutely need and are missing.

It's not about championship at all. I don't even know why people are bringing this up as if this is the goal at this point. that logic doesn't make any sense. It's not even a plausible scenario. so instead no Harden, what other player are the rockets going to throw money at? Someone who isn't close to the level of harden obviously. You don't go from worst team in the league with the youngest roster for years and then a title the next. There's always levels to this. Most folks don't understand this and that's why a lot of you are so miserable cause yall had no clue what a full rebuild consists of.

clutchdabear, harold bingo and Denovo like this.
  20. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

People are getting confused. Harden wouldn’t be coming back to Houston for championships. He wouldn’t be coming to Houston for the money.

He’d be coming back to get love again. Philly doesn’t love him. Brooklyn didn’t. The media hates him. The league doesn’t give him his respect. The only place in the league where he was and is appreciated is in Houston.

He thought he could get that respect by winning a ring. He maybe could, but his chances are low and getting lower. But he’s seen KD and Kyrie up close, and I don’t think he wants to be those guys.

Harden low key cares a lot about legacy. You can tell he’s always been bothered by media trashing him, and how hyped he was at the NBA Top 75. If you can’t win a ring, being a one team legend is the next best thing. Harden could be that (with a 3 year interlude).

He doesn’t want to go out like Carmelo, or Russ, or Iverson. He’d be coming here to go out like Wade, or Dirk, or like Lillard in the future. I think he wants a 2028 goodbye tour, and he ain’t getting that anywhere else.