1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Draymond Green Is Such A Punk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJboutit, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

This^^^
    I was beginning to think all Clutchfans are wearing their homer goggles so tightly through their eye socket that its causing some kind of hemorrhaging in their brains.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I remember when the Warriors were playing the Grizzlies, Draymond Green pulled a semi-cheap shot on Mike Conley by hitting in the face after Conley came back from facial surgery, and later in the game he went out of his way to Z-Bo to apologize. I wish we had like a Z-Bo or P.J. Tucker type guy where opposing players are just scared of messing with. Maybe put in Joey Dorsey for a few possession to send a message next time Draymond does something like that.

3. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

He knew very well that he was behind him. Now I am not saying he was trying to hurt him, but he purposely fell into his legs IMO, and that is extremely dangerous.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That was a sneaky dirty play. He made it looked like he lost his balance but JVG called it. He flopped to screen off Ariza, very dangerous to the knees.

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Furthermore, he was holding him and preventing him from getting back into the play.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was a clear flop by Green to take Ariza out of the play. Green knows where Ariza is and in no way does Ariza's collision with Green cause him to stumble, not to mention any contact happened a full second before Green lost his footing.

If Green will hold you down like that, Ariza needs to fall to his knees more and connect to Green's face/chest. If you're gonna take cheap shots, expect it back.

7. basketballholic

Sure wish we'd of drafted that punk.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Don't want to sound like a hater or anything but Blake Griffin does this too all the time.

9. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I agree with the part about Greene being the reason they won (along with Josh DUMB ASS Smith showing up there w/ 5 mins to go and tie game at his disposal to **** up), but for you to say or think that was a legitimate NBA play (ie it wasn't a moving screen and an intentional foul by holding Ariza down) shows me you are unquestionably a dip **** Warriors nut-hugger to the max, and know jack **** about the game, the fact that they let that go on replay is frankly a travesty, not saying it would have been the difference, but there is no way that was not intentional and I bet you a dime spot it gets a minor blip as a " Silver says that shoulda been called news item tomorrow of that Warrior Strokefest that is ESPN"... please just go away with that garbage dude

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your kidding your self, watch the video again.

He had no idea he was falling directly on his legs. Again all he knew, was that he was going to fall back and hopefully catch some part of Ariza to delay him or get a whistle. He had complete control over falling, BUT he had absolutely NO control over which part of the body he fell onto, he just happen to almost clip his legs. Which is dangerous, but not only was he not intentionally trying to hurt Ariza, but he also wasn't intentionally trying to fall on his legs.

It's ridiculous nobody see's that. It's not a dirty play in the sense that he was trying to hurt ariza or give a cheap shot.

It was an illegal smart play to give his team an edge. Greens intentions for that play, where probably most similar to coach Jason Kidd's intentions when spilling his drink on the court to get a short timeout. Just being tricky with the refs, helping the team.

11. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Agree he wasn't looking to fall into Trev's legs, but he sure a **** was looking to grab them and not let him get up and get back into the play! How those dip **** refs can't see that when it happened right in front of the one r****d, let alone upon review is laughably redonkulous.

How they can look at a play where Blake Griffin grabs Howards head and rips him to the ground and call that an offensive flagrant 1 (which it was on both DH and BG) but can't see Greene purposely grabbing Ariza's leg is honestly just symptomatic of how rigged I am starting to feel NBA refereeing really is any longer, That wasn't even close... NOT saying that one play would have made the games outcome different, but a flagrant and possession could have been a big factor and it was clear to me they decided to overlook it as " 2 players looking to re-establish their play on court" is really suspect because if that was Howard that did that exact thing you know damn well it WOULD HAVE been called immediately and or on replay they would have hit him with a Flagrant 1 for sure. These refs are so ****ing predictable anymore when it comes to the front runners it's comical...

12. ibm

ibm Member

i dont think its a dirty play with intention to hurt ariza. a cheap shot, sure. and it s/b called for a foul. and no basket for curry.

the fact that they reviewed the replay and still decided its a non-call shocked me, to be honest.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Very good player that shouldn't have to resort to illegal cheap garbage like that. He's too good as it is. He's not a Beverly type with limited game who's trying to stick around via any means necessary. I'd have a ton of respect for him just based on his talents alone but alas, I hate the jackass because he's a giant POS.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Will you two idiots stop telling people what to think. Okay so in your opinion Green is a crafty gentleman, your entitled. We think he is a giant dirty POS, we're also entitled. Also it appears we outnumber you so there's that.

2 people like this.
  15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I disagree with you malakas, Barnes just talks trash with no actions just to get in ur head, green on the other side is dirty player IMO . A smart dirty player and should have been a foul btw

16. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Both players play hard . It's playoff dude!!!

17. Rockston

Rockston Member

^^^seriously

You make no sense Nick. He fell back hoping to catch a part of Ariza. Okay. He did not expect to collide with his legs? Think for yourself man. Seriously, what else could he have connected with once going down so low? Ariza ought to tell Dorsey to b 1 tch slap that Venom look a like. He deserves what ever dish karma serves him.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It was a successful dirty play. What can the league do about it now? A fine won't change the outcome of the game. The truth is that the Rockets can't allow these games to be so close because we know how the refs will be inclined. They are crafty, favored floppers.

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't know about dangerous, and the hold wasn't so bad since he kinda got kneed in the face for it, but watching him fall backwards after being tapped forwards flailing about like he couldn't control himself made him look ridiculous and cheap. Put me in the karma column and expect us to take advantage of the fact that they think they're so great, but need to flail about and play cheap ball to win on their own court against a team that everyone in the nation except their fans said would lose.

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Exactly. We could have played better and won even with all that crap. Gotta go out there and earn it regardless.