1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic's Ball Handling Skills

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Mar 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rockets_4_life

With Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker possibly being available at our draft position, the writing could be on the wall for Dragic.

Wouldn't mind trading Dragic for 1st rd pick in 2011 or 2012.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

There was a report from Phoenix that he was turnover-prone. I think he's been under control here in HOU.

The problem is RA isn't giving him a lot of PT as SG, even when KM and CL are not playing well. RA should trust him more.

I think if we don't make it into the playoffs, we will change our head coach to someone younger.

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I think we can live with him at backup PG, but who backs him up if KL is injured? I'd like to have one more guy, and don't tell me about T-Will.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is fine. Adelman's offense needs a long time to learn. I actually think he is a good fit for Adelman's system IF the coach stays after this season. Can shoot and plays pretty good defense.

5. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Dragic seems to like to shoot the 3 ball.

His shot seems to be dropping since he became a Rocket.

I like that.

I hope that he is enjoying playing for Houston. I enjoy watching him play.

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

Sure? I suppose they are top 10 materials.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He dribbles too much for Adelman's system, but he can shoot and play defense; plus he's a very creative score with above average athleticism. I think he's a very talented scorer and his height gives him an advantage over other PGs and the ability to slide over to the two in certain situations. Right now, i think his game is pretty immature, but with hard work and the right coaching, this kid's ceiling is hard to see. He's averaging a full turnover less with Houston than he did with the Suns earlier this year, but he's also averaging 4 less minutes (only 13). 1 turnover every 13 minutes is still too high. I think he's got a long way to go to be a starting PG in this league. He needs to learn how to take care of the ball more, which is the most important thing a PG must do (IMHO). If he can learn to take care of the ball, make better decisions in the passing game, while continuing to expand his creative, athletic offensive talents, he could become a complete player. But he may never reach his potential. He may remain a scoring option off the bench for most of his career. Just depends on how hard he's willing to work..

1 person likes this.