1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic GONE!!! Goran signs 4-year, $30M deal with Phoenix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rafi, Jul 4, 2012.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Martin
    Scola
    Lee and Lin (maybe)
    Parsons
    2Pat
    3 1st rounders

I think that beats out what Orlando currently have.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

You know what IM really gonna miss? Posting this -

DRAGIC!!!!!!!!

Everytime he nailed a clutch 3 or ran down the court 100 MPH to finish at the rim. I must have posted it at least 2-3 times every game. It was awesome.

One last time.

DRAGIC!!!!!!!!

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

What is to stop the Rockets from giving the Player option to Dragic now, and having Dragic renege on his verbal agreement with Phoenix?

Is there a law against that?

4. Hak34

Hak34 Member

You would be wrong. That team give up points in the worst way. DHo is going to sulk for a year a run away from that supporting cast. Take the Homer glasses off and realize Scola is in decline and coming off a bad year and is horrible on D. Martin is butthurt and in decline coming off his worst year and plays no D. Pat is a complete dud no matter who drafted him, who plays no D. Parsons is the current flavor of the month with clutchfans destined to go down the road to other Rocket draft picks of being irrelevant in less than 5 years.

That is by far the worst situation to put us as fans in, as the Rockets would once again be a just not good enough team to make the playoffs and once again receive the 14 pick just to watch Dwight leave.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

There are report says the offer to Lin '$5 mil in first season, $5.2 in the second, $9.3 in the third and $9.3 in the fourth (team option)' is the same offer that Rockets made for Dragic. If that is the case I don't think Dragic is a renegade. To Dragic, Rockets' offer is just low balled. Yet, I don't think the Rockets management board made a bad decision. Dragic is a good player, he isn't a game changer as well. Rockets definitely needs a change on our roasters, or they will just sux at the middle like the past a few years.

6. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Lol how does that beat out what Orlando has? If anything, it's pretty comparable, you're comparing 2 crappy rosters.

7. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

you don't watch basketball do you? man, some of you guys are freaking idiots. Orlando's roster is *****ing garbage besides dwight.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

you guys are r****ds for real. are you seriously saying a roster with dwight howard on it will only get you a 9th seed. smdh, I don't want howard anymore, but you must really hate your own team if you think our supporting cast would be worse than the magic's. we'd be contenders with dwight, that's not even a question.

9. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Lol contenders? We lost the players that made us a 9th seed in the first place and now we're contenders with Dwight? You should watch who you call a r****d with that kind of logic. r****d.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

what "team" are you talking about? you mean the collection of #assets that includes 8 power forwards?

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

With our current roster, I do not want to touch Dwight. r****d, or not, we are Rockets fans.

12. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

dwight>>>>lowry and dragic combined. your logic is the one that doesn't make any sense. if the magic can get to the finals with rafer alston and an injured jameer nelson as their starting point guard, then we won't be missing too much. howard is a superstar, a game changer. lowry and dragic are not. sign up aaron brooks or jeremy lin and they will be just as effective as dragic or lowry.

13. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

yall are really overblowing the power forward crap. it isn't even funny anymore.

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

i didn't mean this to be funny. i was being dead serious. what team do you see in that roster? there's not a team there...it's a collection of assets and nothing more. no real PG...no C. i think we'll end up with asik...i don't think we'll end up with Lin.

i'm sure that won't be the lineup on opening night...but the post was talking about hating our "team" because we don't think they'd win a ton with howard. after a trade, what would be left of that roster to pair with howard.

i agree with you that howard is a special player..the kind of player you need to win a ring. but i think you need to give him more help than what our roster would look like after we traded even more of it away to bring him in.

i'd be fine with a trade to bring him in...but i don't have any illusions that just bringing in howard would make us a real contender given the state of what i think the roster would likely look like after you traded for him. the hope would be to have him for the long term...that he would do exactly what his buddy, Deron, did and stay where the most money was.

15. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

oh, I definitely agree with that. our roster would be pretty thin after the trade, but I'd still believe we'd be competiteve. if this were the trade: raptors pick, white, jones, martin, rights to llull, and patterson for howard, richardson, duhon, and then sign asik, if nyk matches lin, sign aaron brooks, phx won't match, that'll still leave a roster of

brooks/livingston/machado
    lamb/richardson/forbes
    parsons/morris
    scola/d-mo
    howard/asik

that looks pretty good to me, possibly contender. just my opinion, but if you guys really think thats a 9th seed team, lol. btw, I don't really support a howard trade as much as I used to, but you'd be a fool to say he wouldn't make us significantly better.

16. munco

munco Member

We lost our two best players from a team that didn't make the playoffs. Adding Dwight would not make us contenders. We might make the playoffs but the west is stacked, either way that is not contending. We're basically a level above the bobcats and hornets right now.

17. ArtV

ArtV Member

Kevin: Ahhh Morey, what I'm I supposed to do with this? (holding the roster list for 2012-13)
    Morey: Kevin, you have the best players I could get. Each one of these guys scored high on my spreadsheet. Wanna see?
    Kevin: No, that's ok. But I've got somehow field a team with all these players.
    Morey: That's why I got you all these tweeners. They can move around to almost any position. (nodding his head as to show Kevin what a genius move that was). You're a good coach. You should be able to put on a show with that crew.
    Kevin: I think people are paying to see basketball. The best show I can put on with this crew will be pure comedy.
    Morey: LOL - Kevin - You are a funny man.
    Kevin: I didn't mean that to be funny.

18. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

omg, really, seriously, really??? don't you get it? dragic and lowry aren't great. they're just role players. dwight is a franchise changer, a superstar. do you guys even watch bball outside of the rockets? with some of these post, it doesn't seem like it.

19. Asian Sensation

So uhhh what exactly are we going to give Orlando? Gary Forbes and Courtney Fortson?

20. gregas

gregas Member

omg, really, seriously, really??? Dwight and 4 strategically placed manikins won't get you a championship.

1 person likes this.