1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic GONE!!! Goran signs 4-year, $30M deal with Phoenix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rafi, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Dragic paying Morey back for trying to trade him.

2. HorneR

HorneR Member

This offseason has been emotionally exhausting... And all for nothing as of yet.

Good luck in Phoenix Dragon, and I mean that semi-sincerely. But I can't see how moving from one franchise stuck in perpetual mediocrity to another was the "best move for his career." More like the best move for his wallet... can finally upgrade that Dynex.

;)

3. HorneR

HorneR Member

This would make sense, if you completely ignore the fact they traded him first as part of a package that was far worse than the one we involved him in.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Gogi, Gordon and Beasley. The Suns will be an interesting team to watch.

May not equate to a playoff team but still, more interesting than what we have (at the moment).

5. durvasa

durvasa Member

The report I saw was 40 million over 5 years was offered.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

They're not getting Gordon... NO will match

7. Margrave

Margrave Member

The word was that Dragic told the Rockets about his Phoenix deal, and the Rox said no thanks to matching and he signed there.

That offer you mentioned was obviously never made.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

link???

9. Margrave

Margrave Member

It is in this thread - feel free to go search yourself - I believe one of the tweets mentioning it was from Alex Kennedy.

10. Major Malcontent

I just can't see guys with other options wanting to come here to be an "asset". It is fine to internally think of players that way, but either Morey like some bean-counters, is just clueless about the psychology of human beings...or he is so desperate to make sure the fans "know what he is doing" that he burns bridges with the actual players.

Totally fine with Morey thinking of non-superstar players as "assets"...but he should never use that word in public and at least make the right noises about caring about players on a human level.

11. Margrave

Margrave Member

Most GMs are not actively in the press as much as he is - which, IMO, hurts him in the long run with perception.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i trust clutch more than alex kennedy. clutch on sr610 today said it seems to him dragic gave a discount to suns instead us. dragic demanded 10+ but take 8.5 from suns. clutch had very bad impression when rox played against suns. dragic played very hard and had tons of fun with suns' players after and before the game. all reports indicated what we offered to lin is same as what we offered to dragic. to me alex has no clue what he was talking about.

13. Margrave

Margrave Member

Clutch did not say that, the hosts asked him if it was possible and he said sure it is possible.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i did said it SEEMS to clutch it is the case.

Did dragic ask a contract starting at 10 from rox? all reports indicated it is the case. Did rox offer 8 mil deal? all reports said it was the case after the negotiation btw rox and dragic got nowhere. Did lin get an offer from rox? all reports said it is the case and mentioned it is about 8 mil same as rox offered to dragic.

now, alex kennedy said rox didn't want to offer him what suns gave to him. you just ignored every other reports but trust what alex kennedy said.

i don't get.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

To be honest though why would you sign a middling point guard like Dragic after you failed to grab an impact player in the draft? You'd only be consigning yourself to another 14th pick.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Member

This is all a part of Daryl Morey's carefully orchastrated plan. He will re-sign Aaron Brooks and then when Aaron wins comback player of the year and Dragic hits another slump he will once again trade Aaron to the Suns for Dragic and another 1st round pick!!

[​IMG]

GENIUS!!!

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey should trade Martin for JJ. Barea

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Dragic Gone!!! Lorry Gone!!! Lin? Knicks will match Lin!!!

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

Is it worse that we wouldn't offer a tad bit more for him to stay or that he wouldn't take a tad bit less to stay?