1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draftmark Tap System (thank you BzzAgent!)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Apr 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

My wife has been participating with BzzAgent for about 4 or 5 years now. Recently, she has been rewarded with some cool stuff.

Here is what came in the mail Friday:

[​IMG]

Draftmark Tap System (about $50-$60?)

http://www.draftmark.com/public/agegate.aspx?ReturnUrl=/default.aspx

This is really cool. The whole system is just a bit bigger than a 2 liter bottle so it doesn't take up much room in the fridge. The refills look to be about 120 ounces.

Only a few beers available right now though:

Budweiser
    Michelob Amberbock
    Bass
    Shock Top Belgian White
    Goose Island Honker's Ale

Any recommendations?

I am not a beer snob, so I am not used to much other than Coors Light or Red Stripe. I have tried several types of beer and definitely feel lager is my preference. Unfortunately I have to limit myself to lighter beers because of my diabedes.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So this has a micro mini keg that holds only 7 1/2 pints? If the refills are more than $20 it's just not worth it unless it holds some nice expensive IPAs.

I'm building a kegerator with 3 taps out of a box freezer

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Refills are about $14 at Spec's.

For someone that doesn't want to invest in a kegerator and expensive IPAs, this is definitely a neat option.

4. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Goose Island Honker's Ale is good stuff.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have trouble configuring my C02 canister, I think I set it too high. Also, I get black specs in thee beer, I think from the C02. Any kegerator tips? It's definitely a science.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Agreed. Definitely the winner out of those choices by a long shot.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

3rd recommendation on Goose Island Honker's Ale, that's really good stuff. Happy to see it going national, used to only get it when I was in Chicago.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yes it is. Had some Saturday night.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can get it at Toyota Center.

On c02 regulation it's a trial by error thing. I'm still trying to find the right mix of it since the recommendation I got made the tap pour way too slow. Maybe my regulator sucks.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Something to consider: this may not be a true 'tap' beer experience since it has probably been pasteurized, like bottled/canned beer. Kegs are not pasteurized which is why the beer from a tap tastes different (better, IMO).