1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DraftExpress Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Jun 10, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Damn Archie Goodwin has fallen since the combine. Should have stayed at Kentucky

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Archie Goodwin is an absolute steal where he is being mocked.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think it'd be nice if we did draft Glen Rice.

Won a title in the River Valley, maybe he'll bring one to Houston.

5. rocketfaithful

Archie Goodwin is a perfect fit to do the rocket traditional wisdom and play a year in the d league and then come over and be a beast the next. I don't think he will far that far however no matter what draft express says. the dude is 18 and still has a load of potential. how does that not raise his stock? I just feel age should mean more than it does. I bet he goes late first.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Him playing without a pg this year really hurt his stock.

With that said he has to improve his jumpshot and free throw shooting at the next level.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That sucks.

The players that grab my interest early always rise out of the Rockets' range.

8. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I don't know why I'm so confused, but can we not sign Glen Rice Jr. outright since he played in the Dleague last year? Forgive my ignorance.

9. Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday Member

I believe as part of the way he came into the D-League he is automatically eligible to enter the 2013 draft. It's in his interest to do so as well, since there's a chance he could wind up being selected in the first round and getting a guaranteed salary. So if the Rockets did come knocking asking if he wanted to sign, I'm not sure his agent would agree to it given that the contract Morey would put in front of him would almost certainly not be as good as you'd get if you were selected as #30.

It's possible that there are additional rules that outright prevent the Rockets from approaching him...haven't done much research into it so I couldn't say for sure. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to enlighten us on that point.

ST

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

No, not all D-League players are eligible for NBA contracts. D-League allows 18 year olds to join, for example (NBA minimum -19 years), so it can serve as an alternative to college.

A player still has to be drafted or go undrafted in an NBA draft.

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Wish we can have another second round pick or two. Goodwin/Eric Green/Muscala are all very good prospects.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

This mock makes me sad. :'(

And I guess the OKC leak has moved on, because there have been some serious swings in who/what they are taking in these mocks.

13. Big Red Machine

He was, and is, not eligible to be signed to an NBA contract without going through the draft. He left Georgia Tech after the 2012 NBA Draft, so he still had to go through the draft process to be eligible to sign a contract and he's auto-eligible this year as a 22 year old.

Similar thing happened with Patrick Beverley. He was ruled ineligible at Arkansas before his junior season (fall 2008), so he went overseas. He then declared for the next draft (2009), though he could have actually waited until the draft after that to be auto-eligible.

14. basketballholic

If Ryan Kelly goes undrafted, Morey should be on the phone as soon as the 60th pick name is read offering him a contract.

15. rocketfaithful

exactly how many power forwards do we need?

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This or Ledo, Goodwin, Muscala.

17. basketballholic

at least 1 and probably 2 more to replace all the ones we are going to trade this summer.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew it :mad:!!! Ricky Ledo is in the first round!!

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

OK, I have turned from, "Adams has the worst interviews in the history of the nba to Adams has the BEST interviews in the History of the nba!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oCkz8Gsisj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Put the contacts in, Adams; Presti and Brooks are watching.

20. jvu

jvu Member

Wow Archie Goodwin and Glen Rice JR Falling to us. My definite steals of the 2nd round.