1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DraftExpress] Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Arthurprescott2, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FWIW, if the draft were held today, the Rockets would not have any picks.

Their first rounder (lottery-protected) goes to Atlanta (via Brooklyn) from the Terrence Williams trade.

Their second rounder (top-40 protected) also goes to Atlanta, from the David Andersen trade.

That said, I would not be the least bit surprised if the Rockets--who still have their entire $3.1 million cash allotment to use in trades--end up buying a pick in the early second round. Hell, if the right guy is on the board, they may even try to buy/trade for a mid-first rounder!

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Nash ahead of Smart on that mock?

I guess for the awesome name, it is worth the extra couple draft slots, but I'm on board the Smart pg, because it is important for your pg to be...

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

WTF??!!! Roberson in the second round??!! This is an outrage!!:mad::mad:

Or a blessing in disguise.;)

5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

This draft class looks interesting. It's still early, but I feel there maybe a couple franchise players available.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Yea the only one I see worthy of buying a mid first rounder is Jeff Withey...SOLID overall center and has exceptional defense skillz...The way Caroll Dawson and Kevin Mchale were able to help Omer Asik I can see that with Withey...Plus he would help the Rockets defense overall where the ranks rank real low... Add him in the offseason with a Real Good Pf or trade in the free agency and you have yourselves a top 4 WEST team who could battle for the championship in 2013-14 season...

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure if serious, who?

8. Progs

Progs Member

I seen enough college basketball to know this 2013 class is WEAK BUT you might have better pros than college players in a few players. Here is my top 5 based on Talent and NBA success...

1. Shabazz Muhammed NBA comp: lesser talent but more athletic James Harden
    2. Ben Mclemore NBA comp: more athletic Ray Allen with a little bit lesser pure shot
    3. Nerlens Noel NBA comp: Anthony Davis defense with Marcus Camby offense
    4. Cody Zeller NBA comp: A more athletic,taller, and faster Luis Scola
    5. Marcus Smart NBA comp: Joe Dumars not yet shot wise there but pontential is there to get into Joe Dumars territory...

Then there is a BUNCH of QUALITY role players... But these 5 have All Star pontential...

WILD CARD Cj McCollum NBA comp: A bigger and taller Aaron Brooks not too shaby if it becomes true...

A player who can help a championship contender as a REAL good backup specially for our Rockets is Jeff Withey...

2 people like this.
  9. Progs

Progs Member

The surest bet in 2013 NBA draft is Cody Zeller as far as an IMPACT and staying in the NBA as a starter for long time... As far as SUPERSTAR pontential SHabazz is the only one with that HIGH of a pontential but his weight issues and quickness tells me he might not become one but can be high scoring SG'SF that can be good playig with a good big man..

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Like I said, it's still early. But a couple guys in top5 right now maybe for real if they can keep up and improve through the season. Davis growed tremendously by months last year.

12. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I'd like Tony Mitchell... If the Rockets didn't already have Jones, an ultra-athletic raw PF with leaping ability.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Zeller will be the bust of the draft. He should not be a lotto pick.

1 person likes this.
  14. Progs

Progs Member

[/Zeller will not be a superstar but he will be a 17 ppg and 9 rb a game guy.. He will be as good as Luis Scola just taller which is not a bad thing... I think he is the one to step in as a rookie and be good... BUT Shabazz is grwoing on me and he is starting to show ALL-STaR pontential... All top 5 have weakeness...

Shabazz is weight issues as he gets older and quick enough at the NBA...
    McLemore does he have the fire and consistently to bring it every game...
    Noel does he have the basketball IQ and enough offense skill to become an ALL STAR...
    Zeller not a number one option on a team...Good number 2 or 3 option on a contending team...
    Smart is he a SG or Pg and can he shoot good enough from the perimeter...
    B]

15. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

PF PF PF PF PF PF ;)

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Only seen Nash in action a couple of times, most recently against Gonzaga and from what I've seen he's good when attacking the basket but other than that he's a chucker...

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If we are going to be taking a flyer on someone, especially a bit later in the round, I'd go for a possible game-changer... how about Westermann, the 6-7 point guard. We have enough smallish PFs.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, I agree. I like Westermann too.

19. PureElement

PureElement Member

We don't have any roster spots, so it's a great idea to draft a euro that we can stash.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Harden, Lin, parsons, asik, smith, Patterson, Morris, Anderson, Beverly, jones, DMo. White And delfino maybe. If we try to get a max FA, we would release Delfino. So 13 roster spots to start next season. Perhaps less if we trade a PF or two.