1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DraftExpress: Eliyahu's Excellent December

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Fulll Article here: http://www.draftexpress.com/article...r-Preldzic-Blossoming-in-the-Euroleague-3068/

Don't know if he's NBA ready yet, or if he brings anything the current crop of PFs don't bring, but it's good to see a young draft pick getting better and doing well against top competitiong.

If his strong play continues, it makes his draft rights more valuable as a trade chip (see Marc Gasol). May also allow the team to trade one of the other PFs if needed in the offseason if he's deemed NBA-ready.

2. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Pie ****er.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If he's getting better and doing so well, WE need to keep him.

I'm tired of giving away good draft picks. It's not like we're getting any younger.

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I don't understand the infatuation with this kid.. he looks like a ping pong player with those chicken arms, and I don't see how he can survive Elton Brand posting him up ANY time in his life time, barring the unlikely event of him putting on like 40 pounds of muscle..

will you guys please stop posting this weekly update on how Eliyahu took a big dump? I don't see how this guy can be an asset to any NBA team, just let him shine in the Women league, errr, Euro League, and forget about an "NBA future"

5. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

What made you think he can/will play PF? :confused:

6. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

I know this player and have repeated several times he's an NBA SF. He could be a Jeffries. He's similar to Kirilenko, but worst perimetrer shooting. Is good on the rest. Could be ok in Adelmans offense, because he excels in movement off the ball and is a great finisher. Good defender and great rebounder playing since SF.

7. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

LI-ELL-EEEE-AH-UUU!

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He's not a PF. His game and entire body frame reads SF all the way.

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

December Video Highlights.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Figt-zbNJ1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Figt-zbNJ1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

huh...based on the highlights I'm not too impressed. doesn't strike me as particularly athletic...he got stuffed a couple of times and his hook shot looks pretty awkward as well. His low FT% is another negative as well. I don't see him fitting into the Rockets' roster.

Hopefully the Rockets can swing a trade like Kwame for Pau with him if his stock increases though, that would be epic :eek:

11. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Even if Rockets don't have a roster spot for him, we can trade him as long he is good enough to contribute for other NBA team.

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Two Words, Dirk Nowitzski

That's what he looked like before he put on muscle.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

man, the nowitzki comparisons...how many potential nowitzkis are there floating around? Bargs, Yi etc etc etc...and even the final product isn't that impressive (biggest choker in NBA history).

14. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

meh... he still doesn't have a good offensive game besides the athleticism.

and did the video say 63% ft??? no thanks.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Looks less like of a SF in that video than he did in that one summer league he played with us. That's fine; not every PF is a bruiser type. He releases that hook shot very low, though. That stuff's going to get blocked like crazy in the NBA. Hopefully we can get something good for him.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Not impressed at all. There is many players who can do what he did in those video's. Give him time though he has more room to grow.

19. RocketFan34

RocketFan34 Contributing Member

This is unrelated, but does anyone know how Maarty Leunen is doing? I was fairly impressed with the kid during summer league. The kid could knock down the open jumper and seemed to have a high BB IQ.

20. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I laughed at that video. Imagine an ESPN video of player of the month highlights...

"Let's take a look at that free throw stroke!" "Two out of Two!"

It's pretty bad if out of a month's worth of games, that's the best you can find.