1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Recap Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Jul 10, 2001.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Draft Day Acquisitions:

Carlos Rogers (second round pick)
    Larry Johnson (via trade)
    Tracy Murray (via trade)

Losses:

Derek Fisher

Well, going into the draft I was set at all positions except SF, so obviously my goal was to somehow get a decent player to fill that position. I think I did okay. Larry Johnson should fill the role nicely and if he falters, I have two young bucks to back him up (Rogers, Murray). I think I did as good as could be expected considering my situation.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

Outstanding draft for me. At least in the 1st round. Who the hell is Shammond Williams?

Projected lineup:
    C-Camby/KG
    PF-KG/Camby/EG
    SF-EG
    SG-Stack
    PG-MJ

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, I got Illgauskas, which must make my starting lineup the Tallest the League.

Mutombo
    Illgauskas
    Chandler
    Magette
    Bimbo Coles

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

Team: Denver Nuggets
    Picks: #2, #31, #34

GM's Take: Coming into the draft at the #2 i was hoping for a young guy that plays solid D and thats what i got. after i got him i was in need of just a PG and some depth.No PG's fell to me at #31 so i got depth at the position i needed most PF. i also got more depth with a rookie in Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje. i am very happy with my roster and i think i did a good job re-building.For the upcoming season i wont be a cellar team, and hopefully make a little bit of a push for the playoffs

------------------
    ***FRANCHISE***

5. Heath

Heath Member

I think I will have to put in my team evaluation also so it is easier for everybody to do predictions when we do them soon.

Philadelphia 76ers

Draft day acquistions:
    Mo Taylor (pick 4)
    Lorenzen Wright (pick 33)

The GM's opinion:

After giving up Marcus Camby (#1) and Hakeem Olajuwon (#17) I needed to replace them. The deal I had for Walker had taken care of the loss of Camby and that had me needing to shore up a shooting guard and a center with my new picks. When the Walker deal fell through I was not prepared at all to pick as high as #4. I was quite happy having the 17th pick.

My top 2 choices was Camby and O'Neal and they did also go 1 and 2. Grant going 3rd surprised me, but that was also what forced me to pick 3rd as the Walker deal fell through. Of my top picks in each category left - Hakeem Olajuwon, Mo Taylor, Tom Gugliotta, Derek Anderson and Baron Davis - I opted to go for Mo Taylor - even with center being my biggest need. Picking Dream at 4 would be way to high. Missing out on a PF in Walker probably made me go for the PF even though probably Derek Anderson would have been smart move.

Tried to get me a pick in the teens to pick up Dream but I had to wait for my own pick to fill my need at center. At 33 I almost picked Brad Miller, but opted to go with F/C Lorenzen Wright.

Not exactly what I wanted from this draft but it will have to do.

Next Season's Projected Lineup

C-- Loren Woods
    PF- Mo Taylor
    SF- Shawn Marion
    SG- Gary Payton
    PG- Mike Bibby

C -- Todd MacCulloch
    PF/C- Lorenzen Wright
    PF - Stromile Swift, Kirk Haston
    SF - Cliff Robinson, Ruben Patterson
    F/G - Kedrick Brown
    SG - Antonio Daniels, Raja Bell